No announcement yet.

Martin (1977) - George Romero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The David Gregory documentary on this is really good. There's a caption regarding the newly found print but I guess it was completed before the auction so there's no update on it. It would be safe to say the fortunes of Braddock do not appear to have improved any since 1976.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I haven't bought the new blu-ray yet, but I've just learnt that YES they have released it in the original fullscreen aspect ratio! So good! I was afraid they'd go with the widescreen version that came out in Japan. Unfortunately the Wampyr cut isn't included.
      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

From the Blu-ray forum in regards to the 3hr cut:

Good news folks!

The 3hr print of Martin is in good hands. I'm currently at Living Dead Weekend at the Martin Panel and they said it's in good hands and will be able to be viewed at the Pittsburgh Archive. Don't know about home video. But I'm going to ask.

Follow up. Bad News Folks!

I asked, it will only be available to be privately screened at the Pittsburgh Archive. They would like it to be available, but said it's not possible. They said anyone can go screen it, but only at the facility. No home video/streaming will be available as much as they'd like it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
          asked, it will only be available to be privately screened at the Pittsburgh Archive. They would like it to be available, but said it's not possible. They said anyone can go screen it, but only at the facility. No home video/streaming will be available as much as they'd like it to be.

Bummer!

Comment

I guess RR doesn't want it to be put out. Even the mafia does business...

Comment

Very odd. Why would a copyright owner not want a film released!? Is it a matter of not wanting it to get released AT ALL - or that he just wants a too large amount of money for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
                Very odd. Why would a copyright owner not want a film released!? Is it a matter of not wanting it to get released AT ALL - or that he just wants a too large amount of money for it?
                Sometimes alternate cuts are suppressed by producers because they prove that the director was right and that cuts or changes the producer forced on the film weakened it. That’s why so many movies handled by Miramax/Dimension never show up uncut.

Comment

Is there just a plain old blu ray release of this from Second Sight? I don't need the UHD. Thanks!
                  "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                    Is there just a plain old blu ray release of this from Second Sight? I don't need the UHD. Thanks!
                    Yes, I own it.

Amazon link.
                    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

Yes, I own it.

Amazon link.
                      Thank you! How is it by the way?

Comment

• Well, I've never owned any other HD versions of the film, but the presentation looks pretty good to me, so long as you're ok with the widescreen version.

All the video extras & commentaries from the UHD set are present: the new doc is a very nice watch, and currently working my way through the commentary tracks.

Mostly though, just enjoying taking some time to appreciate what an outstanding piece of filmmaking it is, having not returned to it for a few years.
                        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Thank you. May have to get this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                            Well, I've never owned any other HD versions of the film, but the presentation looks pretty good to me, so long as you're ok with the widescreen version.

All the video extras & commentaries from the UHD set are present: the new doc is a very nice watch, and currently working my way through the commentary tracks.

Mostly though, just enjoying taking some time to appreciate what an outstanding piece of filmmaking it is, having not returned to it for a few years.
                            The Second Sight BD doesn't include the 1.33:1 version?! That seems ridiculous to me, knowing which version most everybody prefers.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• The only time I've ever seen the 1:33 release was back in the vhs days when I rented it. I have the Lionsgate dvd and am hoping the bd is a huge upgrade in pq.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

The Second Sight BD doesn't include the 1.33:1 version?! That seems ridiculous to me, knowing which version most everybody prefers.
                                Second Sight is not 1.85, it is in the academy ratio (or 1.37, whatever that is).

Comment

Working...
                                X