X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    Very odd. Why would a copyright owner not want a film released!? Is it a matter of not wanting it to get released AT ALL - or that he just wants a too large amount of money for it?

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    I guess RR doesn't want it to be put out. Even the mafia does business...

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    asked, it will only be available to be privately screened at the Pittsburgh Archive. They would like it to be available, but said it's not possible. They said anyone can go screen it, but only at the facility. No home video/streaming will be available as much as they'd like it to be.

Bummer!

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    From the Blu-ray forum in regards to the 3hr cut:

Good news folks!

The 3hr print of Martin is in good hands. I'm currently at Living Dead Weekend at the Martin Panel and they said it's in good hands and will be able to be viewed at the Pittsburgh Archive. Don't know about home video. But I'm going to ask.

Follow up. Bad News Folks!

I asked, it will only be available to be privately screened at the Pittsburgh Archive. They would like it to be available, but said it's not possible. They said anyone can go screen it, but only at the facility. No home video/streaming will be available as much as they'd like it to be.

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    I haven't bought the new blu-ray yet, but I've just learnt that YES they have released it in the original fullscreen aspect ratio! So good! I was afraid they'd go with the widescreen version that came out in Japan. Unfortunately the Wampyr cut isn't included.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    The David Gregory documentary on this is really good. There's a caption regarding the newly found print but I guess it was completed before the auction so there's no update on it. It would be safe to say the fortunes of Braddock do not appear to have improved any since 1976.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Just viewed this in HDR10+. It's really, really dark, and I'm a person that likes my blacks to be deep.

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    I keep expecting their license to run out before they ever get it released.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    What's another month when you've been waiting four years?! Just in time for my birthday. I'll be 84.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    From the Second Sight FB page:

"“Due to an unforeseen printing issue, our release date for MARTIN has been moved to March 27th. We apologise for this inconvenience, but we truly appreciate the support you’ve shown for this release."

Leave a comment:

• JLG

• JLG
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

Said track is also on another Goblin compilation.
    yeah. as far as the Wampyr OST goes the "Wampyr Finale" track is the only track not from a previous Goblin album, Roller or Il Fantastico Viaggio Del "Bagarozzo" Mark.

should have put that in when i posted before

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    Originally posted by JLG View Post
    i don't own a physical copy of the Wampyr soundtrack but i believe the only piece of music not from a previous Goblin album is available on that comp. good track too!
    Said track is also on another Goblin compilation.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Yes, I have this one. DRG did some good Italian soundtrack compilations.

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

In fairness, there are some solid contributors to the book, so it might be a better read than the 'Dawn' one... but will it really be £20-worth of a good read? I am also leaning toward the standard edition here.
    I find so much writing on film to be banal and obvious that I get almost nothing out of it (I think the same about so many modern special features/commentaries. So, unless it is a particularly difficult film, or something where I really need some context, I tend to skip them.) So to spend a lot of extra money on something I might page through once is a waste.

Leave a comment:

• JLG

• JLG
    replied
    i don't own a physical copy of the Wampyr soundtrack but i believe the only piece of music not from a previous Goblin album is available on that comp. good track too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X