Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King's IT on Blu-ray this October! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually a bit haunted by the scene in Chapter 2 where the Paul Bunyan statue terrorizes Richie in the park. I have a genuine fear of Kong-sized threats, so it's definitely personal, but yeah, I'm happy that it freaked me out.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      I'm actually a bit haunted by the scene in Chapter 2 where the Paul Bunyan statue terrorizes Richie in the park. I have a genuine fear of Kong-sized threats, so it's definitely personal, but yeah, I'm happy that it freaked me out.
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NfI7dLjQp9U
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• My mom thinks I'm cool.

Comment

• despite all warnings to avoid it, I finally got around to watching chapter 2... fucking trainwreck!

basically they took all the stuff I didn't like from the 2nd part of the original and made it even worse.
          it's long, it's boring, it's not scary, it's a stretch to even call it a horror movie! at least we finally know that richie was secretly in love with eddie kaspbrak.

this is one of those movies that's built up to be the greatest film to hit the theater in a generation, but ultimately it turned out to be just a monumental waste of three hours. but hey, stephen kings seems to like it ... he has cringeworthy cameo as a shopkeeper.

reminds of that carpenter quote:

What did King think of your movie?

I don't know. Stephen King loves everything and then he hates it. He's a weird ass guy. Just weird. Started out as a teacher. What the hell you want?

Comment

• HBO Max working on a prequel series focusing on Pennywise.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/welcome-...a-interesting/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• That could be good if they go back to the book, there's a load of history they could build on. The films were seriously lacking in that respect, just lurching from one jump scare to another.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• The historical sequences in the book are some of the strongest sections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                  The historical sequences in the book are some of the strongest sections.
                  They are also the aappearancess where It is NOT a clown, which could make things interesting for the tendencies of adaptations to lean way too hard on that incarnation.
                  Darcy Parker
                  Last edited by Darcy Parker; 06-13-2022, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    That could be good if they go back to the book, there's a load of history they could build on. The films were seriously lacking in that respect, just lurching from one jump scare to another.
                    I'd love to see them shoot it like Stand By Me or some of the other King adaptations where you get that "small town sepia" look.

Comment

• An IT prequel..... I may give it a go. The remake and it's sequel sure are an odd pairing. It 2017 I found to be pretty decent, I couldn't complain.

It 2, I knew I was in trouble after the first 5-10 minutes, lol. Actually, I think I knew to expect trouble when i read an article online about how Stephen King insisted a scene with gay characters be included at the start of the film. That scene had nothing to do with nothing, lol. Besides that forced message at the start of the film, the whole sequel just felt, "Off". The only enjoyment I recall offhand, was at the end when one of the character's exclaims, "Look at me you sloppy bitch!". I think I was the only one in the theatre having his geek moment of, "OMG! HE QUOTED MALLRATS!". lol, that was the best part of It 2 for me, that a character quoted Mallrats, lol.

So, I don't think a prequel could be much worse than the sequel, I'd most likely be willing to give it a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Ringeisen View Post
                        An IT prequel..... I may give it a go. The remake and it's sequel sure are an odd pairing. It 2017 I found to be pretty decent, I couldn't complain.

It 2, I knew I was in trouble after the first 5-10 minutes, lol. Actually, I think I knew to expect trouble when i read an article online about how Stephen King insisted a scene with gay characters be included at the start of the film. That scene had nothing to do with nothing, lol. Besides that forced message at the start of the film, the whole sequel just felt, "Off".
                        I thought the idea was that it would take a brutal crime like that to stir IT from it's slumber or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

I thought the idea was that it would take a brutal crime like that to stir IT from it's slumber or whatever.
                          That scene opens the book and is far more extended, violent and unpleasant. It isn't some modern interpolation at all.

In all the historical sequences in the book It returns during an act of mass violence by the townpeople, usually motivated by prejudice and hate. Either It is influencing them or their hatred reawakens It, or some combination of both. That is one of the things I most missed in the film adaptations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post

That scene opens the book and is far more extended, violent and unpleasant. It isn't some modern interpolation at all.

In all the historical sequences in the book It returns during an act of mass violence by the townpeople, usually motivated by prejudice and hate. Either It is influencing them or their hatred reawakens It, or some combination of both. That is one of the things I most missed in the film adaptations.
                            It was said in the book that the cycle built the psychic atmosphere of hate due to the nature of the town of Derry being an evil place, and the human-perpetrated killings woke It to feed, like a sacrificial offering, after which it would go back to sleep for decades until the residual evil would build up to another act of brutality.

Comment

Working...
                            X