Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King's IT on Blu-ray this October! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Words can not describe how much I hated this piece of shit. Flashbacks to the first film, hallucinations ending with jump scares, bass drops....I expected this to be better than the first chapter, but it was fucking terrible. And about 7 years long.

Comment

• Classic case of: "Quick! This thing made money. Cobble some bullshit together stat!" Every movie these days seem to go on for 5 hours.
        https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• I thought that i might have been in the minority because I didn't like the first one and others seemed to, but the consensus of the six in our group all thought that it was bad.

I should have mentioned that it has just about every horror trope available constantly on tap. Not even the in-jokes to writers and shitty endings, or the nod to Stand By Me could save it.

Comment

• I ended up liking this very much. Not so much as a horror movie but it's a fun adventure film. I went into both chapters expecting to hate them so I was pleasantly surprised. It did not feel like a three hour movie.
            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              I ended up liking this very much. Not so much as a horror movie but it's a fun adventure film. I went into both chapters expecting to hate them so I was pleasantly surprised. It did not feel like a three hour movie.

I guess that's why they invented the show Diff'rent Strokes.

:D

Comment

• I liked it. Mark's just a crusty old wet blanket that prefers Puppet Master 5 while drinking Rolling Rock.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Haha, fine.

Comment

• Dammit, I wanted Mark to challenge me to a fight and I was going to suggest chainsaw arm wrestling like in Tigress of Siberia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      I guess that's why they invented the show Diff'rent Strokes.

:D
                      That shows stinks. :D

That's what I love about this place, in meatspace everyone thinks of me as the guy who hates everything. But I then I come here where everyone hates everything. hahaha. I honestly was not thrilled about seeing IT. I hate anything that is part of a brand or franchise or remake, etc. But I have a friend who likes to drag me to this stuff. Against all hope I enjoyed it. Lowered expectations for sure.

Comment

That shows stinks. :D

That's what I love about this place, in meatspace everyone thinks of me as the guy who hates everything. But I then I come here where everyone hates everything. hahaha. I honestly was not thrilled about seeing IT. I hate anything that is part of a brand or franchise or remake, etc. But I have a friend who likes to drag me to this stuff. Against all hope I enjoyed it. Lowered expectations for sure.
                        A bunch of Jay Shermans around here.

Comment

I ended up liking this very much. Not so much as a horror movie but it's a fun adventure film. I went into both chapters expecting to hate them so I was pleasantly surprised. It did not feel like a three hour movie.
                          I definitely went into the first expecting to hate it and loved it. I'm taking the same attitude to the second to the extent that I'm going to wait until I can watch it for free. I feel paying for it would be raising my expectations.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                            I definitely went into the first expecting to hate it and loved it. I'm taking the same attitude to the second to the extent that I'm going to wait until I can watch it for free. I feel paying for it would be raising my expectations.
                            LOL, I didn't pay for my ticket! :D

I didn't even watch the first chapter until the night before. I kept thinking to myself, "Do I really need to watch 5 hours of scary clown movies this week?" I liked the original tv miniseries but I've long had my fill of Stephen King or '80s nostalgia. Somehow it all worked for me. Best movie ever? No such thing. Fun popcorn movie with a group of friends? Sure.

Comment

• Saw this today with my son and it was better than I expected. Did anyone else notice that when Mike was first calling everyone, when they got to Ben, they focused on a heavyset blond guy? We were supposed to believe that that was Ben but then they switched to a different guy that turned out to be Ben. The first guy we were made to believe was Ben was the actor who played Ben as a kid in the original 90s film.

I liked the ending of this one better. There really wasn't much added to the story (what those who have seen the films but not read the book) but I still enjoyed it. Nobody will beat Tim Curry in the role of Pennywise, but I didn't think Bill Skarsgard did a bad job with it. Sure, less GGI would've been nice but that's just the way things are now.
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• I picked up the film tie-in edition of Stephen King's original novel for a pittance today. Surprisingly, I think it's the only pre-NEEDFUL THINGS novel by King that I didn't read back in the 1980s/early 1990s. (There are quite a few novels of his post-NEEDFUL THINGS that I haven't yet read.)
                                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X