Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King's IT on Blu-ray this October! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen King's IT on Blu-ray this October! (Merged)

Always been a guilty pleasure of mine. Tim Curry is perfection in the role of Pennywise. Soo psyched!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Yay if it's the longer tv version.

Comment

Warner Brothers Releasing IT (The Tim Curry Version)

And it's being bundled with a collectible T-shirt!

Coming October 4th...

Click image for larger version

Name:	13729175_10210267042816317_3153917326607455506_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	350906
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Your significant other just made the same thread in General.

Comment

Since this is a TV movie from 1991, I'm assuming it was shot 1.33:1, so why is the DVD 1.78:1? I've always avoided it for that reason. I'm sure this new version will be matted as well. Does it ruin the compositions?
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
            Your significant other just made the same thread in General.
            Haha, why did I put it in General? I think I was thinking it was a TV movie but didn't want to put it in TV but didn't think much beyond that!
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Remember the book vividly and did see this but remember being underwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                Since this is a TV movie from 1991, I'm assuming it was shot 1.33:1, so why is the DVD 1.78:1? I've always avoided it for that reason. I'm sure this new version will be matted as well. Does it ruin the compositions?
                I think it was designed for matting in cinemas if they wished - so it looks fine (from memory!). On the other hand, it was missing the end credits for part 1, and the first five minutes for part 2!

Comment

Curry was anazing as Pennywise...The rest was kinda underwhelming...

I see they are filming a newer version at the moment...

Comment

This is a movie I watched CONSTANTLY in high school when I was at the height of my Tim Curry obsession. I loved the whole thing though realized there was a lot that was corny about it. Still I loved it and it was one of those films I felt so connected to that when I watched it I felt like I was hanging out with my friends. I felt like I was IN Derry, that *I* was one of the Lucky Seven!

Haha, I was and am a dork.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I love it too. This is one of my favourite King adaptations. Like Alison said, you feel like you're part of the group and it's genuinely terrifying in spots. I always find rubber reality horror to be the creepiest. I haven't watched it in many years, but it was nightmarish to an 11 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
                        I think it was designed for matting in cinemas if they wished - so it looks fine (from memory!). On the other hand, it was missing the end credits for part 1, and the first five minutes for part 2!
                        I wondered if it was always planned for TV. Perhaps it was supposed to be a theatrical film, but the studio thought it was too long.

Isn't the first five minutes of part 2 a recap of the end of part 1? Like with the same footage, involving the fate of Stanley?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          Isn't the first five minutes of part 2 a recap of the end of part 1? Like with the same footage, involving the fate of Stanley?
                          Yes.
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                            This is a movie I watched CONSTANTLY in high school when I was at the height of my Tim Curry obsession. I loved the whole thing though realized there was a lot that was corny about it. Still I loved it and it was one of those films I felt so connected to that when I watched it I felt like I was hanging out with my friends. I felt like I was IN Derry, that *I* was one of the Lucky Seven!

Haha, I was and am a dork.
                            I got the same feeling from the book, which I read one summer when I was eleven. Probably the best age to read the book. One thing I loved the most about the book was the historical flashbacks and the extreme horror of many of the murders, the weird psychosexual elements of the book is something they obviously couldn't do on TV in the 80s.

Tim Curry was an excellent Pennywise though, best thing about the series for sure. I'm hoping the new film version captures more of the book, except for the Turtle bit. That I hope they cut.
                            Randy G
                            Last edited by Randy G; 07-25-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I have the book, but I've always been intimidated by the length; 1138 pages! I should just get started on it...

Comment

Working...
                              X