Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King's IT on Blu-ray this October! (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, me too, I bought it in high school, but, in general, I don't like books.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
      I got the same feeling from the book, which I read one summer when I was eleven. Probably the best age to read the book.
      Probably not the intended target demographic. ;)
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I read on IMDB that It was originally planned as a 6 hours long miniseries, directed by Romero. Apparently the only thing different between the TV and home video version is five minutes of footage. Strange, because I remember the tv version as a lot longer, but I was 8 or 9 at the time it aired so it probably just felt longer back then. And it was insanely scary for a little kid.

Comment

I remember it being overall creepy with Tim Curry, but kinda sucky because of Judge Harry from Night Court, and a really crappy special effects ending. I didn't figure they could do the same as the book, I mean, 80's television wasn't ready for a 12 year-old gangbang, but Curry is the only part that stands out.

In defense of the movie, I also hated the end of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
            I read on IMDB that It was originally planned as a 6 hours long miniseries, directed by Romero.
            I've always wondered what PET SEMETARY would've been like if Romero wasn't fired. I'm assuming awesome.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              I mean, 80's television wasn't ready for a 12 year-old gangbang
              What?! That's nuts!

Comment

Well, here in Canada, for sure. I'm talking about the US. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  In defense of the movie, I also hated the end of the book.
                  Yeah, me too. It was a great novel until all the creepy clown scenes boiled down to a you-know-what story.

EDIT:
                  Don't even remember the orgy, strangely enough. Maybe it was 'cause I was around 12 or so myself when I read it, and underage gangbangs were business as usual.
                  enandalusiskhund
                  An Andalusian Dog
                  Last edited by enandalusiskhund; 07-25-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                    Probably not the intended target demographic. ;)
                    I don't know, I remember lots of kids reading Stephen King around then. Seems a lot of people read him around 12+ . He was kinda the J.K. Rowling of the 80s!

Comment

Yeah I started reading King's stuff when I was 10 or so. Read It for the first time about a year after it came out. And the orgy in the middle came as a bit of a shock.

Comment

I felt even then that the end was a mess, the turtle, the rather literal way It is killed but the gangbang really derailed it.

I get the 'loss of innocence' idea but it is just a bad idea poorly executed. He does recover some in the last few pages where the King-standin is caring for his catatonic wife (who was unfortunately undercharacterized).

Rereading it suffers from some typical Kingish sentimentality but still manages to be moving. They bungle that ending in the film by making what is just a dream literal.
                        Randy G
                        Last edited by Randy G; 07-28-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I need to know more about this gangbang, because, frankly, there's only one girl in the group. Please don't tell me everyone takes turns plowing Richie! Does Pennywise sit back and enjoy the show? What the hell is it all about?

Comment

After defeating It as children they get lost in the sewers and start to turn on each other, so the 'solution' is for the boys to all have sex with Beverly.

She has an orgasm with the two boys she loves, the fat kid (Ben?) and the writer-standin. After that they can then find their way out of the sewers. It is very clumsily done, to put it mildly. I feel it makes Beverly into a tool for the boys to 'bond' through and reduces her role to her sexuality.

But the sexism is probably secondary to the ichh factor and total break from believability and character behavior. Suddenly everyone is acting out what is either a too-literal metaphor or a gross sexual fantasy, depending on your reading. Either way King was clearly on way too much coke when he wrote it.
                            Randy G
                            Last edited by Randy G; 07-31-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Definitely has "too much coke" stamped all over it.

Comment

Ahahaha, thanks for the reminder Randy! That sounds absolutely horrendous. May have to dig out my old copy just for the lulz (as the kids say).

Comment

Working...
                                X