X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Gunnar Hansen

Gunnar passed away at 68 years old.

http://abc7.com/entertainment/texas-...at-68/1073907/

"Gunnar Hansen, known for his portrayal as Leatherface in the 1974 movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," died at age 68, according to his agent.

Hansen, who was born in Reykjavik, Iceland and moved to the U.S. at age 5, got his first role as the iconic, chainsaw-wielding Leatherface in 1973.

He once said that when people met him, they often reacted in shock because he was so unlike the psychotic character from the classic horror film.

Hansen appeared in as many as 20 movies, worked as a magazine editor, wrote screenplays and books, and directed a documentary on Greenland, according to his IMDb page."

As anyone who ever met the guy will say, at least based on my experience, Gunnar was a super nice guy, very down to Earth and friendly.

R.I.P.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cancer blows. RIP. What an icon.

Comment

For sure. Freddy and Jason and Pinhead are nice and all, but Leatherface, at least in the original, is fucking scary.

When I lived in Portland he was doing a signing at a local theater. I found out about this at the last minute and couldn't find my TCM DVD anywhere. Without any time to keep looking I grabbed the SOV classic Campfire Tales that he shows up in, haha. Brought it up to him, he looks at the disc, looks at me and says 'You know what... this isn't the best movie I've been involved with but it was fun to make. I haven't signed one of these in ages, everyone just brings TCM stuff so thank you for giving me something differnet to sign!' He was super nice. I had a picture with him taken at that signing too but I think I lost it in a HDD crash a few months ago.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh, and I interviewed him years ago via email for DVD Talk. He was pretty cool to deal with then too.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/interviews/leatherface_gun.html
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Gunnar was a very nice guy. Underrated actor too. He brought a lot to the Leatherface character. RIP.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I'll never forget when He, David Hess and I had breakfast together. One of the things he talked about was how he was so OVER doing Horror conventions and how he couldn't WAIT to leave. It's hard to imagine this kind of job being a soul sucker. But, I guess as I've gotten older, for most people it just doesn't matter what you do, jobs suck. R.I.P

Comment

I'll never forget when He, David Hess and I had breakfast together.
              Wow...thats a good opening sentence!!

He was awesome in TCM and ,judging by the guys who played leatherface in the sequels, He DID bring a lot to the role..

R.I.P....way too young.

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                Wow...thats a good opening sentence!!

R.I.P....way too young.

lol yeah I know right?? :)

And yeah I think 68 is really way too young too. If he was 85 yeah alright but no that's too young.

Comment

RIP, Gunnar. I had the pleasure of working with him on Fred Olen Ray's cult flick HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS where Hansen played the leader of the ancient Chainsaw cult (!). He was a kind and gentle soul, completely opposite of his Leatherface fame. Heck, I even had to start the chainsaw up for HIM!

RIP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	resizedimage.php.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	349397

That's Gunnar squeezed between 80s Scream Queens Linnea Quigley & Michelle Bauer. I provided the Chainsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
                    Heck, I even had to start the chainsaw up for HIM!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14301[/ATTACH]

That's Gunnar squeezed between 80s Scream Queens Linnea Quigley & Michelle Bauer. I provided the Chainsaw.
                    LOL!!!! Now THAT"S an epic story!!!!!!! :)

Comment

Working...
                    X