X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troma Releasing The Last Horror Show On Blu-ray

See? It's true!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Maniac-lite. It's okay but I thought the best thing about it were all of the marquees you see for movies in Cannes (especially seeing Possession and Cannibal Holocaust).
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Definitely MANIAC-lite on the one hand, but it succeeds for me on the basis of it being a full-on Spinell ROMP, he's having a blast chewing the scenery and making a public spectacle of himself. And a couple of great scenes with his mom, which never fail to crack me up. "VINNY!!"

I also like its pre-SCREAM self-reflexiveness and satirical jabs at the horror film industry (especially the completely OTT fictional films it shows clips from, much like the fantastic faux sci-fi/horror film depicted in the grindhouse scene in SMITHEREENS), as well as the stolen celeb footage. Not great or even very good, but I'll always have a soft spot for it. Any projections for the visual quality on the Troma blu? That last DVD was a major disappointment.

Comment

Agree its MANIAC -LITE...but also Spinell is on top form here...

That MR ROBBIE extra makes me sad that it will never get made...THAT would have been an awesome partnership. And movie.

Comment

The scenes with Joe and his mom are gold!
          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

"Have some baked macaroni!"

Comment

88 Films have already released this on Blu in U.K., PQ is fine. Not a very good film but has its moments.

Comment

Working...
              X