No announcement yet.

B-Movie Bonanza (includes DTV tripe)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-Movie Bonanza (includes DTV tripe)!!!

I must admit, when it comes to modern horror...I love me some B-movie and DTV crap. And not just any old crap, but the high-budget crap that some of the major studios pump out. You know the type: DTV sequels to cinema hits, pre-sold horror hits that end up bypassing theatrical and debut on video...and so on and so forth. In fact, I'd have to say that, for me and IMHO, there's a lot more enjoyment to be had amidst the "little" pictures than there is with the big ones! Without DTV releases, I'd never have seen either The Hills Run Red, Dark Ride or The Horde and Devour. So why not a thread about some of the B-movies that we've enjoyed?

But first...has anyone seen Loch Ness Terror or the Lake Placid DTV sequels (which, I believe from what I read, they turned into cheap and cheesy boob-fests)? They all look like brainless hilarity on a par with Frankenfish.

The only one you mention I've seen was Hills Run Red which really didn't do it for me at all. It's gory but pretty derivitive.

I'm interested in Loch Ness Terror myself, but not quite ready to take that bullet yet. :)

I did recently watch Corman's Sharktopus, which was dumb.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Hills Run Red...It's gory but pretty derivitive.
      Derivative...a claim that could be levelled against just about any horror film made since the dawn of cinema.

Here's the Loch Ness Terror trailer, for all to enjoy, while I attempt to think of something of value to type...

Comment

That trailer just sold a copy of LOCH NESS TERROR. Shit, those lil fellas are cute!

We loved SHARKTOPUS. It was just what the doctor ordered. Yep- dumb as shit!

Comment

I agree. I'll snag that if the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
            I agree. I'll snag that if the price is right.
            $.58 looked good enough to me.

Comment

I opted to bump it up from "good" condition to "very good" and spent $.59.

I hope it was a good move...

Comment

I generally do the same. However, for some fucked up/unknown reason, I didn't look at the condition or the description of the disc. haha What a dummy.

Comment

So, what was the verdict on Loch Ness Terror? Worth my four bucks?

And while I'm here: I've never seen Apt Pupil and The Dark Half. How do they measure up in the scheme of Stephen King adaptations?

Comment

I dug the shit out of The Dark Half. Apt Pupil was pretty good too. Gandalf is great in it.

Comment

Loch Ness Terror...worth $4? If that includes shipping, yes. It was fun enough.

I like Apt Pupil quite a bit. I was less into The Dark Half. I've been meaning to watch it again, though, so maybe I'll do so today.

Comment

Details - how is the monster/gore/tits quotient in Loch Ness Terror?
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                          I like Apt Pupil quite a bit.
                          Has any footage from the aborted Ricky Schroder version ever surfaced?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Details - how is the monster/gore/tits quotient in Loch Ness Terror?
                            Tits - nil. There's a wicked hot girl in it and they don't even get her nude before killing her. Total rip.
                            Gore - Fair, but cgi.
                            Monsters - Lots, also cgi.

Comment

Ok, so save it for when I have $4 to burn then. Thanks.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X