Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Christmas Seasons Grieving's Edition/Shout Factory Special Edition Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's just like having a wart removed".

I'm pretty excited about this getting a new scan & watching it Christmas night!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      They've been called out for this before, their stance is that they're making these SE's for collector's, people who have seen the movies, so it's not a big deal in their eyes. I see their point... and disagree with them. At least the sleeves are typically reversible.

That's a stupid point to make, and they're stupid for making it. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        That's a stupid point to make, and they're stupid for making it. ������
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Ha, yup.

Comment

I almost always hate the new art anyway. I just flip the cover inserts around.

The good news is "The iconic original theatrical image (girl in rocking chair) will be on the reverse side of the wrap."

Comment

I made a cover for Shout if they ever release CITIZEN KANE.
              Free of course :)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	rosebud.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	351142

Comment

Originally posted by Smegma View Post
                I almost always hate the new art anyway. I just flip the cover inserts around.
                I do too, except I'm too lazy to bother with flipping the art around. I figure I only see the spine, so why bother.

Comment

This must be the most re-released film on blu ray

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
                    I made a cover for Shout if they ever release CITIZEN KANE.
                    Free of course :)
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16244[/ATTACH]
                    NICE.

Comment

I like the mondo-style cover of the german blu!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                        NICE.
                        Cheers.
                        Took me 30 minutes :)

Comment

Spoiler tag that shit, Koukol!!!!!!!1

Kidding, of course. Nice one!
                          Internet culture is so spoiler sensitive that if you'd posted that on some other boards, you'd get banned though. Me, I figure if you haven't sought something out in like 10+ years, you can't expect to enter a discussion about the work and not get spoiled on plot details. It's like where do you draw the line? Jesus dies in the end? Romeo and Juliet commit suicide? The killer in Twin Peaks is Leland Palmer? The season finale in the latest Game of Thrones ends with...

Comment

From FB...

***BLACK CHRISTMAS UPDATE***

The holidays are just around the corner and we'll celebrating it in terrifying style with our upcoming 2-disc Collector's Edition Blu-ray release of Bob Clark's original BLACK CHRISTMAS. Please read on below for our final list of extras and specs:

DISC 1:
                            • NEW 2016 2K scan of the negative (1.85:1) - DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, DTS-HD Master Audio Mono
                            • Audio Commentary with director Bob Clark
                            • Audio Commentary with actors John Saxon and Keir Dullea
                            • Audio Commentary with Billy (actor Nick Mancuso)
                            • Audio interview with director Bob Clark

DISC 2:
                            • 2006 Critical Mass HD Master (1.78:1) - DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
                            • NEW Film and Furs - Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
                            • NEW Victims and Virgins - Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
                            • Black Christmas Legacy
                            • 40th Anniversary Panel at FanExpo 2014 featuring John Saxon, Art Hindle, Lynne Griffin & Nick Mancuso
                            • On Screen!: Black Christmas featurette
                            • 12 Days of Black Christmas featurette
                            • Black Christmas Revisited featurette
                            • Archival Interviews with Olivia Hussey, Art Hindle, Margot Kidder, Bob Clark, & John Saxon
                            • Midnight Screening Q&A with Bob Clark, John Saxon and Carl Zittrer
                            • Two scenes with a new vocal soundtrack
                            • Original Theatrical Trailers (English and French)
                            • Original TV and Radio Spots
                            • Alternative Title Sequences
                            • Still Gallery

Official street date is December 13th but if you pre-order directly from us you'll get it shipped early plus receive an exclusive 18” x 24” poster of the newly-commissioned artwork (while supplies last). Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/bla...ctor-s-…

Special note: We do want to address our new transfer specifically here to manage expectations. Our 2K scan was made from the original film negative and retains the grain and softness you would have seen during its original release in 1974. We have not applied any digital noise reduction and restored the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio used in US theaters. Unfortunately, the negative had suffered some damage over the years but we have spent a lot of extra resources / costs to clean it up the best we could. We're pleased with our results and hope you will enjoy the presentation.

In our efforts to make sure our overall release could be as comprehensive and definitive as possible, we have also included the prior HD version on Disc 2 (and corrected some audio sync issues it had) for those who may prefer it's 1.78 aspect ratio.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              DISC 1:
                              • NEW 2016 2K scan of the negative (1.85:1)
                              Special note: We do want to address our new transfer specifically here to manage expectations. Our 2K scan was made from the original film negative and retains the grain and softness you would have seen during its original release in 1974. We have not applied any digital noise reduction and restored the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio used in US theaters. Unfortunately, the negative had suffered some damage over the years but we have spent a lot of extra resources / costs to clean it up the best we could. We're pleased with our results and hope you will enjoy the presentation.
                              That's all you had to say. Beautiful.

Comment

I visited the Scream Factory facebook and see people complaining already, basically:

Re: NEW 2016 2K scan of the negative (1.85:1)
                                (We have restored the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio used in US theaters.)

Complaint: The correct aspect ratio of B.C. should be 1.75 : 1 and not 1.85: 1 ... I saw it theatrically when it opened and it was NOT 1.85: 1 ... Your new 2k scan will be over-matted.

Sometimes the movie fanatics cause my brain to explode.
                                It's hard enough to tell the difference between the ratios while looking at them next to each other.
                                How can ANYONE remember an exact ratio of what they saw in 1974 (almost 42 years ago)?

Comment

Working...
                                X