Scream Factory announces CHERRY FALLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Factory announces CHERRY FALLS

Posted on their Facebook page (I borrowed this from CHFB as I don't use FB):

You asked for it, we listened! The underrated 2000 slasher flick CHERRY FALLS will be coming to Blu-ray for the first time sometime next Spring. Stars include Brittany Murphy (Clueless, 8 Mile), Jay Mohr (Pay it Forward, Street Kings) , Michael Biehn (The Terminator, Aliens), Jesse Bradford (Bring it On, Swimfan) and Gabriel Mann (Revenge).

As excited as we are to be able to bring this to you (finally) we do need to address upfront the question we know some of you will have: Will it be uncut?

We were fully aware that the film suffered trims from the MPAA prior to its release so when we acquired the film we hoped that we could find the additional footage and include it—either as deleted scenes or reinstated into the film. Unfortunately, our licensor (Universal) only has the theatrical R-rated version in their vault (the same cut that was released on the long out-of-print DVD) and they do not have cut footage in question.

Plan B: We contacted the film's Director Geoffrey Wright to see if maybe he might have the excised material but were told that he was never given a chance to assemble a longer cut originally. He did not have the footage either.

That being said, we still hope that fans will support the release in High-def. Extras are planned and will be announced at a later date. New key art is also in the works too.

I liked this okay back when it came out, too bad they seem to be unable to release the uncut version.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Eh, I'm sorry but it's pointless to watch the same cut version. It's a pretty good slasher but it sorely needs the cut gore re-instated.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

It's just a really bad film. It's sad because the script was awesome and off the chains.

A similar travesty is Valentine, which is actually a great slasher marred by them pussying out on the violence. That one should get a special edition with reinstated footage and contextual commentary by Jamie Blanks.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

From FB:

Happy Monday everyone! Check out the new cover art for CHERRY FALLS that will be on our upcoming blu-ray release next year and comes courtesy of illustrator Joel Robinson (Nightbreed, Ginger Snaps, The Serpent and the Rainbow). We felt strongly that this underrated slasher needed a fresh coat of paint since it never really had a compelling one-sheet design to begin with. We're very pleased with the results and hope you are too.

Official street date is March 29th. Expect bonus material to be announced sometime in February. NOTE: If you pre-order the release directly through us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...r/cherry-falls you'll receive a limited-edition 18" x 24" poster of the art you see here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12310571_698296406974040_477996309329103809_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	349522
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          From FB:
          We felt strongly that this underrated slasher needed a fresh coat of paint since it never really had a compelling one-sheet design to begin with. We're very pleased with the results...
          I would not be patting myself on the back too hard if I were them.
          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nice that it's a limited edition poster.

Comment

opps
              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cherry Fails

Comment

Working...
                X