X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forest

Trailer alert!

This hits theaters in January.

"A young American woman, Sara (Natalie Dormer), goes in search of her twin sister, who has mysteriously disappeared. Despite everyone's warnings to “stay on the path,” Sara enters the forest determined to discover the truth about her sister's fate."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Promo image has a bit of a Evil Dead vibe...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CXtTmc2WMAAEodi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	349604
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So they finally made a horror flick about that suicide forest in Japan? Good on that. But the trailer looks "Meh" and the January release is a dead give away.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Saw a commercial for this during one of the bowl games today.
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Actually getting a proper theatrical release, I guess because of the Game of Thrones connection, this is playing my local multiplex. Not sure if it's worth a watch of not yet...

Comment

Hmmm.January release date doesnt really inspire confidence...

Comment

What's wrong with a January release date?

Comment

Originally posted by Wllm Clys View Post

In the US, January is "dump month" at the movies. The films no studios believe in or care about - the stuff that doesn't get screened for critics, the stuff that barely gets promoted beyond blurbs from obscure websites and suspicious raves from local TV chefs and weathermen - suddenly become the sole choice available to regular filmgoers hungry for fresh fare.
                http://www.theguardian.com/film/2007...rizes.features

Comment

I think the release schedule for most horror films is different as most are not critic bait to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Wllm Clys View Post

January is an infamous dumping ground for the studios to push shit out of the way.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I won't count it out, it looks interesting at least. Still not sure if I'll see it right away as Trumbo is playing at the local art theater and I've been meaning to check that out.

Comment

Coming 4/12/16 from Universal.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched this tonight. It was fairly good - nothing earth-shattering, but an entertaining 90 minutes. There's some weird cultural stuff going on, and the whole thing is essentially 'Little Red Riding Hood'. It relies too much on cheap jump scares though, like many modern horror movies, and the climax is fudged by a really clumsy chase sequence - and seems like it was shot by a completely different unit (I wouldn't be surprised if it was the product of a reshoot).
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                          X