31 days of Horror (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 days of Horror (2015)

Other boards do this. Keep track of all the horror flicks you watch for the glorious month of October. I wanted to do this last year but I couldn't find enough new shit to watch. This time I have a nice little stockpile.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

This is a good idea.
    I too am hoping for a marathon horror watching in October...but I too have trouble finding movies I WANT to watch at the best of times..will give this a go.

Just gonna make a list...or short review too?

Comment

Whatever. I prefer the short review but I'm no dictator.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Got 13 of my 31 films picked out. Since 2000 been watching one horror film a day during October. And the past 5 years I post short reviews of them up on my blog. Going for a mixture I haven't seen and stuff I think more people should see. Like Zipperface. Never heard of it until I got in in one of those 20 horror films for $5 sets. It and Home for the Holidays were worth the $5.

Comment

Went through my horror and whittled away the popular ones and those I've watched in the past few months. Have 'em in a spreadsheet and am going to use a random number generator to pick which I'll watch. Could be good, could be bad, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
            Went through my horror and whittled away the popular ones and those I've watched in the past few months. Have 'em in a spreadsheet and am going to use a random number generator to pick which I'll watch. Could be good, could be bad, but whatever.
            Since they are all Phantasm I think it should work out okay.

Comment

D31ballz

Comment

Im going to use this thread to find out about more horror I wasnt aware of. As i do every year

Comment

I'll chime in with brief comments when I watch a new horror film but I don't limit myself to only horror during the month...can't go that long with no noirs/westerns/etc.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I really can't plan 31 days of horror for myself. I used to be able to watch at least one movie a night, but in the last year or so it's just not possible. I get tired too easily now and end up in bed before midnight (lost my endurance). These days, I usually watch movies on the weekend and only occasionally one or two during the week. I also tend to go with my feelings at the time when I pick one out to watch. I tend to usually play NOTLD on Halloween night, as tradition, but we'll see if that happens this year.

Comment

We're having family in for two separate weeks in October. So my viewing time will be way down but that's cool.
                      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

OK Kids, it's October 1, I'll start. Just finished watching Desyat Negrityat, the 1987 Russian adaptation of Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians. While not supernatural, it is an Old Dark House Mystery with a healthy number of deaths. If you have not seen any film version of this story, I would start with Rene Clair's And Then There Were None (1945), then move on to this version. If you have seen and liked the 1945 film, then I think you might enjoy this Russian version. I would recommend it over any of the three Harry Alan Towers productions (1965, 1974 and 1989) of Ten Little Indians, though in fairness, I found the 1989 film of little interest and watched only a few minutes. Desyat Negrityat at 129 minutes is the longest of these adaptations. I've read that it is also the most faithful to the original book. Well acted and well filmed, it is certainly the most morbid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092879/
                        George Barry
                        Last edited by George Barry; 10-01-2015, 04:25 AM.

Comment

I agree the 1945 version is the best (not seen this Russian adaptation though, it sounds interesting). I find some admirable things about the 1974 Towers production - and it has a fine Bruno Nicolai giallo-esque score. I've always been partial to the 1965 one also, probably due in large part to seeing it at a young age and finding it absolutely fascinating - this was before I had read Christie's book.

LOST AFTER DARK (2014) - Another attempt at making a throwback slasher, this one's even set in the 1980s, complete with bad hair and faux retro music - that's absolutely god awful by the way. A group of teens sneak off from the dance and go party at a seemingly abandoned house...that's actually occupied by ye olde cannibal killer. The kids are all the stereotypes - stoner, jock, nerd (stoner nerd here...that's as original as this gets)...the killer is totally bland, at least give him a creepy mask for fuck's sake! The kills are fairly gory on the plus and it doesn't outstay its welcome at 85 minutes but that's the highest praise I can manage. Completely disposable and forgettable.
                          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Sharknado 3 Oh Hell No

I have enjoyed every Sharknado film so far. And love how they usually premiere on Syfy right around my birthday.This one they take it so over the top it is great.

Comment

CASTLE OF BLOOD (1964)-This is the US cut of the film and one of my all time favorites. I could probably watch this ghost story once a month and never get tired of it. I'd love to see the Synapse version get a high def treatment.

BEYOND THE DOOR (1974)-Juliet Mills barfing green bile and all of the other tricks in this demonic possession flick.

FROGS(1972)-Ribbit. Ribbit. Ribbit.
                              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Working...
                              X