6-Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things 8
    7-The Suicide Club(Chevy Mystery Theater) 3
    8-Christmas Evil ack!
    9-The Black Abbot(1963) 10
    10-Eaten Alive(76) 3.5
    11-Strangler Of Blackmoor Castle 10
    12-The Mad Executioners 6.5
    13-Lady Frankenstein 8
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• RED SANDS (Alex Turner, 2009). Meh.

TALES FROM THE CRYPT: BORDELLO OF BLOOD (Gilbert Adler, 1996). Mwah.

TALES FROM THE CRYPT: DEMON KNIGHT (Ernest Dickerson, 1995). Yeah. Probably going to spring for the blu-ray.

Comment

• Night Of The Skull-A Jess Franco movie without nudity and sleaze? Yes, but don't worry, there are enough annoying zooms on a skull for no obvious reason to make you feel secure that it is Uncle Jess. Not sure if the Spanish credits are correctly deciphered but it credits the writing to Poe and his story of The Cat and The Canary? WTF? An old dark house with the gathering for the reading of the will and a lot of corpses and red herrings pop up. Not great but not all that bad either.

Catman Of Paris-Garcon! A litter box at once for my associate! You've seen worse and at 63 minutes it won't take up too much of your time. At least there really is a cat monster and not some phony disguise by a scheming villain.

Curse Of The Stone Hand-Sigh. Jerry Warren buys 2 movies, cuts them to ribbons, shoots some really bad scenes with new actors and the viewer gets the brown end of the stick. I actually like one of the movies that deals with Stevenson's Suicide Club. Of course it is hacked up but at least very little of the Warren shot stuff is here. The second part dealing with a jerk and how he destroys his family pretty much honks the bobo after JW gets done with it. The first story gets the rating of 4 while the rest blows chunks. (too bad we can't change the title to Curse Of The Stone Handjob and double it with Handjob Cabin!)

1-Frogs 6.5
        2-Castle Of Blood 10
        3-Beyond The Door 3
        4-Planet of The Vampires 8
        5-Daughters Of Darkness 10
        6-Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things 8
        7-The Suicide Club(Chevy Mystery Theater) 3
        8-Christmas Evil ack!
        9-The Black Abbot(1963) 10
        10-Eaten Alive(76) 3.5
        11-Strangler Of Blackmoor Castle 10
        12-The Mad Executioners 6.5
        13-Lady Frankenstein 8
        14-Night Of The Skull 4
        15-Catman Of Paris 4
        16-Curse Of The Stone Hand 4
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• VOICES FROM BEYOND (Lucio Fulci, 1991). Slight, entertaining murder mystery investigated by the victim, aided by phantasms, dream sequences, graphic postmortem gooeyness and a satisfying rate of putrefaction. The solution is kind of clever/whatever, but Karina Huff is attractive. The Code Red blu is shockingly slapdash: no menu, just autoplay, and no rewinding allowed. Fulci's closing dedication is affecting.

Comment

• FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED (1969) - Amazingly mean-spirited and dark entry in the series. Cushing's Herr Doktor is basically an ice cold sociopath here, raping(!) and killing his way through the cast. In the very slasher-like opening, he wears a truly creepy mask as he stalks and kills his next "subject", beheading him to cap it off. Freddie Jones' monster is more to be pitied than feared, never a menace to anyone save Frankenstein. A downbeat ending is the only logical way this could have ever ended and this one doesn't disappoint. The new BD from the Hammer set is a thing of beauty, simply a stunning presentation.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• 1. Hellraiser Revelations
              2. Jaws
              3. Chopping Mall
              4. Knock Knock
              5. Toxic Avenger
              6. Hallowed Ground
              7. Ouija Exorcism
              8. LAKE PLACID VS ANACONDA

LAKE PLACID VS ANACONDA (2015)

Another Sci-Fi sequel....so you should know what you are going to get....This one is livened a LITTLE by the appearance of FREDDY himself..Robert Englund...but cant rescue it from the shoddy FX and bad direction / semi serious style that the majority of Sci Fi productions suffer from!!!
              sukebanboy
              Last edited by sukebanboy; 10-15-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• DIABOLIQUE (Jeremiah Chechik, 1996). Sharon Stone, Isabelle Adjani, Kathy Bates, Chazz Palminteri, Spading Gray and even J.J. Abrams typecast as videographer #2: all that meat and no potatoes.

Comment

• Incident on and off a mountain road(Masters of Horror season 1 episode 01)
                  Source-Blu Ray

Ok yeah I normally like to post the cover of whatever I watched. But the blu ray cover is ugly as sin. And the DVD copy isn't much better. So I grabbed the ahove pic from somewhere.

Masters of Horror to me was a fun experiment. Give good directors a ok budget and no restrictions. I thankfully got Showtime. The local cable was phasing out all the movie channels to digital only. And we didn't feel like paying the $40 more a month. I then saw Don Coscarelli was directing it from a Joe Lansdale story and I had to see it as it aired.

The phones where set to silent. Everyone knew to not come over for a hour that Saturday. I was as hyped as a rich kid and it is X-mas 1985.And well I got a fun but average almost hour long horror story. Angus Scrim shows up in a great small role. Bree Turner ,above on the right,is good as the lead.To lazy to look it up but her husband,dude on left above,I know for piles of stuff.

Rewatching it again for the first time since that original airing,and this time in HD.Well I like it more. I knew what was gonna happen,mostly. So I saw more background stuff.

Incident on and off a mountain road gets a C+.

Also saw yesterday.

Night Shadow-Which has to be a late 80s or early 90s film. Kato Kalin is the male lead. Was horrible.
                  Howling IV Original Nightmare-My second favorite of this franchise.
                  The Return of Dracula-1958 released boring as fuck movie.
                  Newt Cox
                  Last edited by Newt Cox; 10-16-2015, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• 1. Hellraiser Revelations
                    2. Jaws
                    3. Chopping Mall
                    4. Knock Knock
                    5. Toxic Avenger
                    6. Hallowed Ground
                    7. Ouija Exorcism
                    8. Lake Placid VS Anaconda
                    9 I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 3: VENGEANCE IS MINE

Or, as I prefer, I SPIT ON YOUR DEATH WISH as Jennifer from part one returns and starts going all Charles Bronson on rapists who escape the law. No graphic rapes this time...but a good bit of violence(especially her FIRST revenge is EXTREMELY graphic and hard to watch!)

I enjoyed it for what it was and preferred it more than the other two in the new series......and nice to see them not just rehashing the first movie forever...

Comment

• The Redeemer (AKA Class Reunion Massacre) (1978) - My fourth or fifth watch of this one. I think it's a criminally underrated creepy '70s horror movie / pre-Halloween slasher. Love the masks and the atmosphere here. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but that just adds to the nightmarish quality it had. I wish the blu ray had extras, but at least it's better than that $1 DVD with the VHS rip.

The Innkeepers (2011) - I ignored new horror movies for years and finally dove back in with "The House of the Devil" and this one. I enjoyed both, but I wouldn't call either one a classic.

Comment

• Retribution (1987) - I hadn't heard of this movie until the blu ray Code Red put out. I don't even remember the VHS being around my mom & pop video store as a kid. It's pretty standard second-tier '80s horror strengthened by good direction, a good lead and some memorable deaths. Not a genre classic, but worth watching for any horror fans.

Comment

• OPEN GRAVE (Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego, 2013). Man wakes up in a pit full of dead bodies with no memory; presumably he also can't remember where he parked his car or what happened in Vegas. He spends the next hour and a half in quest for meaning, survival and humanity; also, flashbacks. Based on one of Samuel Beckett's spec scripts, the mystery's pretty engaging despite being revelation-based rather than any kind of exercise in deduction. Last act suffers from clockwork perils lowered on visible flys from battens groaning under the arbitrariness of it all and the thudding counterweights of irony, but endings are hard and it sets up a sequel, so why complain when folks are working so hard? Sharlto Copley from DISTRICT 9 has a beard, Thomas Kretschmann (DARIO ARGENTO'S DRACULA) has a beard, and Hungary plays Massachusetts. I enjoyed it.

Comment

• THE WOMAN (Lucky McKee, 2011). The first word of dialogue in the movie is "strumpet"; it ends without language, just water and blood. The sexual politics are so far past conflicted it's fascinating, maybe even appalling, but the allegory is clear enough: maybe this is what happens when men try to talk about sexism. Please, Mr. McKee and Mr. Ketchum, do not make a horror movie about racism. Sean Bridgers' more than fine in his caricature of a role, and Laura Ashley Carter (from JUGFACE) does okay with a sort of anti-Winona part, sympathetic because she doesn't fit in; but Angela Bettis is great as the wife who goes along. Ambitious. Messed up.

Comment

• The Green Inferno (Eli Roth): finally caught up with this one. It was... Okay. It features some very out of place low brow humor. Some great gore but the pacing kinda' killed it. No real likable characters. Some really bad CGI featuring ants (think Jungle Holocaust). And easily one of the lamest endings I've seen in quite a while to a horror flick. I think it was set up for sequel bait but man, just a really limp dick-ed ending to a movie.

It tries to be like the Italian Cannibal flicks but it misses the mark.
                              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• TALES FROM THE HOOD (Rusty Cundieff, 1995). It's officially Halloween from now on. A+

Comment

Working...
                                X