No announcement yet.

31 days of Horror (2015)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demons (1985) (my wife hadn't seen it) - a classic for good reason...fun and fast-paced Italo take on an American horror movie. I had forgotten how dire the 'acting' was early in the movie. I remember not liking "Demons 2" nearly as much, but I need to revisit now that Synapse put it out.

Evilspeak (1981) - I hadn't seen this one before, but I ended up really enjoying it. I'm sort of surprised some of these movies took all the way until Blu Ray to get reissued. It seems like this one would have done well as an early Anchor Bay release. Clint Howard's Apple II/E-type computer summons up satan, and pleasing mayhem insues. Nice to check another Video Nasty film off my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
      The House of Witchcraft
      I have the Vipco disc of this from about 12 years ago. I can't watch it any more because my all-region DVD player kicked the bucket. Is this the one with the death by washing machine, or was that "House of Lost Souls?" I LOVE Ghosthouse.

Comment

• "Cooperdick!" Love Evilspeak. One of my all time guilty pleasures. Great nihilistic carnage at the end.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Bloody Moon (1981) - Another one I heard about back in the days of DVD but never had a chance to see until Blu Ray. Other than the sawmill dummy decapitation scene, I was bored silly. I've never really liked Jess Franco aside from "Venus in Furs," and this didn't change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanIcon View Post
            I have the Vipco disc of this from about 12 years ago. I can't watch it any more because my all-region DVD player kicked the bucket. Is this the one with the death by washing machine, or was that "House of Lost Souls?" I LOVE Ghosthouse.
            You must be thinking of House of Lost Souls which I've not yet seen although I've been curious about for a while as no such death occurs in House of Witchcraft. Although it would have been interesting to say the least having a washing machine come under the spell of a witch.
            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• House of Lost Souls also sucks. The kid decapitation via washing machine is the sole highlight.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• 1-Frogs 6.5
                2-Castle Of Blood 10
                3-Beyond The Door 3
                4-Planet of The Vampires 8
                5-Daughters Of Darkness 10
                6-Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things 8

7-The Suicide Club(Chevy Mystery Theater) 3-TV adaptation of the RLS classic that is rather blah. However you can pick up a 1960 Corvair at a great price!!

8-Christmas Evil ack!_uhhh yeah.

9-The Black Abbot(1963) 10-One of my favorite krimis.

10-Eaten Alive(76) 3.5-This is the old Dark Sky dvd but no matter how many times I watch this film I just don't like it. Time to quit.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• HALLOWED GROUND (2007)
                  Children of the Corn-ish horror where townspeople bring their long dead preacher back to life as a scarecrow who terrorizes the heroine and HIT GIRL from KICKASS. Pretty bad CGI and acting,(not sure what happened at the end either)..but short enough to be a harmless time waster.

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                    HALLOWED GROUND (2007)
                    Children of the Corn-ish horror where townspeople bring their long dead preacher back to life as a scarecrow who terrorizes the heroine and HIT GIRL from KICKASS. Pretty bad CGI and acting,(not sure what happened at the end either)..but short enough to be a harmless time waster.
                    Years back I got that packages with something else at Biglots. IIRC Jaime Alexander was the lead in it. Not a bad film but nothing I would have paid more than a buck or two for.

Zombiethon
                    Source-Full Moon DVD

This is basically a highlight reel of any film Empire/Full Moon had the rights to that had zombies in it. So you got stuff like Fulci's Zombie,Oasis of the Zombies and many others. With the only original footage being kind of wraparound piece. About a woman that is being chased by zombies. So she hides out in a theater. That is full of zombies and is showing movies.

A few years back I got a VHS rip of this and reviewed it here on my blog. I knew Full Moon had put it out on a DVD.But it was 15 bucks which is much more than I wanted to spend. Then earlier this year I found it in a bodega. And they only wanted $5. It was mixed in with all the other DVDs they were selling. Which was all big mainstream movies. No clue how this oddball got mixed in there but I am happy it did.

The DVD looks slightly better than the VHS rip I saw.And the only extras are a short intro from Charles Band. And a bunch of trailers.

Zombiethon gets a B.

That is all I got watched for today.After my girlfriend and some other friends getting stuck in the middle of a shoot out for 7 hours last night,when I finally got home I slept for 15 hours. Everyone is OK. But I learned the cops in my town are worthless. They ended up having to call in a Army sniper to take care of the situation.

Heard it made the national news. Town was Brookhaven MS.

Comment

• THE H-MAN (Ishiro Honda, 1958). H-bomb radiation turns humans into green slime monster, which is sort of a sub-plot in an almost noirish story about police, gangsters and heroin. Police spend a lot of time in offices standing around desks, but we also get a spooky derelict ship sequence, a nightclub with musical numbers, showgirls and fakeass Miro decor, a lab with toad waldoes, and a climactic chase through flaming sewers. The h-man is mostly just snot dripping and oozing around, but occasionally they try for a humanoid form, and you can see how they really wanted something like a Paul Lehr painting if you squint and/or use your imagination. The fire is very pretty. The widescreen transfer on Mill Creek's Vintage Sci-Fi Movies set is dubbed (eveybody talks with an accent to make it more Japanese) and looks great. It's a little boring; I liked it a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                        That is all I got watched for today.After my girlfriend and some other friends getting stuck in the middle of a shoot out for 7 hours last night,when I finally got home I slept for 15 hours. Everyone is OK. But I learned the cops in my town are worthless. They ended up having to call in a Army sniper to take care of the situation.

Heard it made the national news. Town was Brookhaven MS.
                        That's horrible. Fifteen hours doesn't seem like enough sleep.

Comment

• THE RATS (John Lafia, 2002). Enjoyable cable (I guess) remake of DEADLY EYES with Vincent Spano, Madchen Amick and a lot of real (and some CGI) rats. Toronto plays New York again, and lower Bay Station has a better than usual fakeover (probably courtesy of DON'T SAY A WORD's budget, from the timing). Kim Poirier earns the R rating with a game topless changeroom ratbite, and a Willardy janitor loses an ear, but for effects it's mainly just rats rats rats. Spano and Amick have good chemistry, and with the kid & department store setting, it feels like a twisted MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET; it's fun watching him restore her faith in rodents.

WYRMWOOD: ROAD OF THE DEAD (Kiah Roache-Turner, 2014). Huh; OK. Australian DAY OF THE DEAD stock reduction, boiled down not quite to absurdity, but well past serious. Stupid, fun.
                          Barry M
                          Super Fiend
                          Last edited by Barry M; 10-14-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                            That's horrible. Fifteen hours doesn't seem like enough sleep.
                            I would have slept more. But got arthritis in my hips. And if I stay in one position for too long when I do try to move I get massive pain.

I am just happy that after everything,I was there from around 7pm until 1am when the shooter was finally taken care of and counted 52 shots,outside of one cop having a splinter from a door graze his head no one was injured. Well besides the shooter. When they finally managed to get a chance to hit him with CS gas,he stumbled outside and the sniper got him.

Anyways away from real world horror and back to the nice fictional kind.

Happy Birthday to me
                            Source-Mill Creek Blu Ray

Ahh Happy Birthday to me,the kind of forgotten decent 80s slasher. With the blind girl ,well blind on the show,from Little House on the Prairie.I had heard a bit about it back in the day. But never saw it for rent.Then I saw that first DVD release from I think Anchor Bay. There was some bitching cause some of the soundtrack was changed. Then there was a later DVD with the original soundtrack.While I liked the film I never saw the DVD for less than 15 bucks and I wasn't going to pay that much to own it.

Then I see online somewhere that Mill Creek put out a double feature bluray of Happy Birthday to Me and When a Stranger Calls. HB2M has the original soundtrack and both supposedly look good. Plus it is only $5.I grabbed a copy.

Ok so Virginia is part of this group of popular teens at a private school. And they are all being killed off one by one. Virginia also suffers from flashbacks and blackouts.

This is your typical clone of Halloween/Friday the 13th. The scarf/motorcycle kill and the wacky as hell last 10 minutes are what makes it stand out from so many other slasher clones.But we get decent acting,pretty decent kills,and a fucked up ending.

Happy Birthday to me gets a C+.

Comment

• THE OUIJA EXORCISM (2015)

I thought with the words OUIJA and EXORCISM in the title I couldn't go wrong.......How wrong I was!!!

Awful acting, camerawork, directing, story.....It's like THE ROOM for the majority of the running time..They have ONE CGI effect they keep using...and the exorcism part is a joke...30 seconds it takes. when people are possessed they speak with voicebox effect and have color lens....thats it!!
                              ATROCIOUS movie.

Comment

• Anguish!

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CRPLTi9WUAAUPYb.mp4

From https://twitter.com/ThingsWork/statu...89908651446272

Comment

Working...
                                X