Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Stanley Adapting H.P. Lovecraft's Color Out of Space

Confirmed.

Indie-horror company SpectreVision has confirmed that it will produce Richard Stanley's new film, Color Out of Space, his first movie since 1992's Dust Devil. The film is an adaptation of famed “weird” author H.P. Lovecraft's short story, “The Colour Out of Space,” about a meteorite that drives people insane. Stanley will direct and pen the screenplay for the project, which he has been working on for several years. “There needs to be a scary Lovecraft movie,” Stanley said last year. “I want to make a bad trip film and 'The Colour…' definitely has what it takes to be a very, very bad trip indeed.”
    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Hell yes.

This will be awesome I hope....Is Val Kilmer attatched yet???

Comment

Neat artwork for this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	color-out-of-space1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	349178
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cautiously optimistic. His first two films are fantastic, but it has been a few years since he did em.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Hoping for the best for this. The Colour Out of Space was already loosely adapted in 1987's mediocre The Curse.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

And DIE, MONSTER, DIE! (1965) with Karloff. (Shout Factory's blu is very nice.)

It's priceless.
            Barry M
            Super Fiend
            Last edited by Barry M; 09-25-2015, 04:42 PM. Reason: Vincent Price is not in DMD, as Andrew Monroe points out.

Comment

Karloffian slip.
              Andrew Monroe
              Pallid Hands
              Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 09-25-2015, 02:48 PM.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Ha, and I just watched it too. It's very Poe for a Lovecraft. Also, Richard Stanley reminds me of Price, somehow. I could see him wearing the hell out a pair of Ligeia specs.

Comment

Stanley's MOTHER OF TOADS segment in THE THEATRE BIZARRE was the only worthwhile one, so I'm hopeful he's still got whatever it is he's got.

Comment

Die Farbe takes a solid crack at the story.

Comment

Good stuff here. Stanley talks Color, the upcoming Moreau graphic novel and getting pissed on by a puma!

Comment

Bit of an update...

Director Richard Stanley still on track to make Color Out of Space with SpectreVision

In non-film related Stanley news, he's currently on a crusade to try and prevent the corporatization of Montsegur. Here he is on Nightvision Radio talking about the planned siege: https://soundcloud.com/tonyaj-3/rich...on-nightvision

Stanley was also co-writer on a new horror film starting Barbara Crampton, Replace. First Look: Barbara Crampton will make your skin crawl in horror-thriller Replace

Comment

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/09...n-of-rage-cage

Jí³hannsson died this past February, before he could collaborate with Stanley on the long-mooted The Colour Out of Space, which Waller says is getting very close to going before the cameras. “It's moving along. We announced that we were going to be doing it, what, three years ago? Let's just say that we're getting a lot closer. Significantly closer. Like, it's coming up, so I will be busy with Richard on set with that sometime in the near future.”

When he is, he vows that SpectreVision will give Stanley the support he famously did not receive on the notoriously ill-fated The Island of Dr. Moreau. “He got a bad rep because of what happened on Moreau,” Waller says, “and to me, Moreau is nothing more than an example of bad producing. It's not his fault, what happened there, and when you watch [David Gregory's documentary] Lost Soul, you're like, 'You fucking assholes, throwing him under the bus!' It was an opportunity for some experienced producers and studio execs to work with a gifted young filmmaker, and help cradle him into the next phase of his career—not to be like, 'Huh, why does this little gifted indie filmmaker not know how to handle all this money and all this pressure?' It's like, 'Well, of course he fuckin' doesn't know how to handle this shit. He's never done this before.' You've got to nurture, and it hurt him for many years. Not just in the public eye, but I think it hurt him; it instilled in him a bit of doubt that he didn't have the vision he clearly has.

“So part of our main goal with Colour will be to let him know that all producers aren't dicks, and that some of us actually, 100 percent just want what's best for him and the film. You don't necessarily always align; sometimes filmmakers can get too focused on certain things to the point that they don't know what's best for the movie in the moment, and that's when producers come into play. Good producers, where there's a real strong sense of trust, where I can walk up to Adam or Panos and be like, 'I love you, I think you're amazing, I think you're brilliant. This is a bad idea.' [Laughs] You know what I mean? There's a way of talking to artists that can be beneficial to them, where you can make the exact same point you're trying to get across to them, and say it in a different tone. It's like parenting, I would imagine; you can ask your child to do something politely and nicely, or you can yell at them and scold them, and then they just close off. Richard has been amazing, and I can't wait to be on that set with him.”

Comment

Hmm. Both Slashfilm and Bloody Disgusting had articles up earlier today saying Nicolas Cage was going to star in this but now those links no longer work.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I have a hard time imagining Cage in any kind of Lovecraft adaptation and an even harder time imagining his and Stanley's interactions on set. I'm sure it'd be something, just not sure what kind of something, exactly. Whatever happened to that film Sion Sono was going to do with Cage, by the way?

Comment

Working...
                              X