Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lame.

Comment

Nicolas Cage is the hypest shit and because he got involved with this project (and also Mandy) it got funding. He's anything but "lame." Dude has balls of titanium. You should be on your knees praising Nicolas Cage like he was Alice Cooper.

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
      I'm not worthy!
      Alex K.
      Last edited by Alex K.; 01-23-2019, 07:25 PM.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
        Lame.
        Why? With Nic Cage involved this may actually get made, plus there's a chance we could see it in theaters.

I actually like it when stars get involved with little weird projects. There's no way we would've seen MANDY at the theater if Cage wasn't the star.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
          Why? With Nic Cage involved this may actually get made, plus there's a chance we could see it in theaters.

I actually like it when stars get involved with little weird projects. There's no way we would've seen MANDY at the theater if Cage wasn't the star.
          I'm cautiously optimistic as well. At the very least, Stanley will finally get to make that third feature film.
          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

H P Lovecraft was certifiably insane. Richard Stanley is certifiably insane. Nicolas Cage is certifiably insane. Surely this is a good thing?
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
              H P Lovecraft was certifiably insane. Richard Stanley is certifiably insane. Nicolas Cage is certifiably insane. Surely this is a good thing?
              Let's just hope that the backers don't see the LOST SOUL documentary.

Comment

Yeah... I re-watched that and it seems like it was a combination of the studio not having faith in Stanley and Stanley frankly just being overwhelmed. The studio still fucked up by firing him and what they should have done is send over a producer or more actor-friendly 2nd unit director to handle Kilmer. But who is to say how it would have gone down when Brando came to set?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                  But who is to say how it would have gone down when Brando came to set?
                  Well, Brando was pro-Stanley.
                  LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
                    Well, Brando was pro-Stanley.
                    Yeah but it's Brando. He could have gotten to the set after his daughter's suicide and just didn't give a fuck even if Stanley was still there.

Comment

There's an interview with one of the producers and not only have they seen LOST SOUL, they intend to do right by Stanley this time around. The gist of what he had to say on the subject was that Stanley, when he was to direct ISLAND, was inexperienced with Hollywood scale productions and superstar bullshit. It'd have been a competent producer's job to step in and protect the chosen director in such a situation, not throw him under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaibatan View Post
                        The gist of what he had to say on the subject was that Stanley, when he was to direct ISLAND, was inexperienced with Hollywood scale productions and superstar bullshit.
                        I hate to be cynical, because I admire Stanley, but what's changed since then? He still doesn't have experience with Hollywood productions.

Originally posted by Zaibatan View Post
                        It'd have been a competent producer's job to step in and protect the chosen director in such a situation, not throw him under the bus.
                        Definitely. He should have had more support and encouragement on that production.

Comment

I think everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Depending on what they did of course. I don't consider myself either optimistic or cynical, it's whatever happens happens.

Comment

That's a wrap!

From - Richard Stanley‎ to Terra Umbra - Shadow Land
                            12 hrs ·

Greetings from the Arkham backwoods - yours truly, brother Tommy Chong and the daemon Moag celebrate the official completion of principle photography on H.P.Lovecraft's 'COLOUR OUT OF SPACE'- a long cherished project that has borne strange and wondrous fruit. My time here in the wild woods of Lovecraft country has been an adventure like none other and a life changing experience for the countless folk whose lives have been caught up in this project since its inception - in giving form and expression to the inexpressible. Soon, once the veil of secrecy is lifted, I'll be able to tell the true story of what happened here and If I have succeeded in capturing on film and conveying the merest essence of all that has unfolded on this remote backwoods community over the last many weeks, then the audience can look forward to a truly mind wrenching journey into an alien realm - a realm that has always existed just beyond the limits of our consciousness - the realm of the old Gods and the new. The completed epic in all its weird, multi-coloured glory will be ready for public viewing in time for Hallow'een. In the meantime I will be returning to the Zone to kick back for a couple of weeks, re-acquaint myself with my cat, commemorate the martyrs of 1244, renew my vows to the castle of Montsegur and try and answer a few e-mails. Keep watching this space - and, above all, keep the faith! Rest assured, there really are more things in heaven and earth - and magic still has currency in this world, indeed it is the spice, the essence, the very ornament and splendor of life. Much indeed awaits...
                            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Awesome! Finally, the third feature.
                              "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Working...
                              X