LEATHERFACE 2016 (Prequel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEATHERFACE 2016 (Prequel)

While reading the thread below about TCM 4 I was inspired to have a little internet search and see what was up in the future of Leatherface...lo and behold...i found this.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2620590/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

PLOT:

Prequel about teenage Leatherface who escapes from a mental hospital with three other inmates, kidnaps a young nurse and takes her on a road trip from hell. Along the way, they are pursued by an equally deranged lawman out for revenge. One of those teens will grow up to become Leatherface. .
    Casting announcements for Leatherface have begun, not to mention a new understanding of the plot, which seems to be a mash-up of Rob Zombie's Halloween origin story and Dennis Hopper's manic turn as lieutenant 'Lefty' Enright in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.
    Unfortunately, the crazy cop in Leatherface won't be portrayed by Dennis Hopper, but by Stephen Dorff, according to a new report from Deadline. Dorff ain't no Hopper.
    Directors:
    Still, Leatherface seems likely to top the maligned Texas Chainsaw 3D, with two major assets in its corner: Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury. Horror fans may recognize those names as the directors of Inside, a pregnancy horror film often placed in a recent wave of “New French Extremity” horror movies characterized for being really, really gross.

The director's of Inside, eh? Might be good.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Stephen Dorff though???...i always think of him as the poor mans version of Christian Slater

Comment

Stephen Dorff is one of those "Stars" that actually lessen the value of a film they star in. Kind of the opposite of what a star is supposed to do.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

He was good in Blade. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            He was good in Blade. Come on.
            True, he is kind of all right, but his value is so depleted from his starring in a slew of zero budget DTV of the worst kind this last decade or so.

Comment

At least he's not playing leatherface!!!!...cant see him topping Dennis Hoppers craziness though!

Comment

No one ever will be able to come near Hopper in TCM 2.

Comment

Poster art.

Click image for larger version

Name:	leatherface-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	349035
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This looks like the exact opposite of what I would want out of a TCM film.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                      This looks like the exact opposite of what I would want out of a TCM film.
                      That might be a good thing. Something different, especially after so many sequels that tried to recreate the original (excluding part 2 obviously), might be the right choice.

Comment

Double post.
                        Alex K.
                        Last edited by Alex K.; 09-04-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

I have a bad feeling this will be a copy of Zombies HALLOWEEN abomination..first part origin (which will prrobably be TOTALLY different than the one Hooper envisioned)...then the second half will slip into the familiar story...
                          Might be ok...just hope they do it WELL.

Comment

"After much anticipation, Bloody Disgusting is excited to exclusively premiere the red band trailer for Leatherface, which will see an exclusive DirecTV release on September 21, 2017, with a limited theatrical run and full VOD release through Lionsgate revved up for October 20, 2017.

In Leatherface, Jessica Madsen plays one of four inmates (Sam Coleman, Sam Strike, James Bloor) who escapes from a mental hospital. One of them becomes the title character and iconic slasher. The quartet kidnaps a young nurse (played by Vanessa Grasse) and takes her on a road trip from hell. Along the way, they are pursued by an equally deranged lawman (Stephen Dorff) out for revenge. The Conjuring's Lili Taylor is Verna Sawyer.

Leatherface was directed by Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo, the duo behind the slasher masterpiece Inside (í€ l'intérieur), as well as Livide and Among the Living."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks good. I like the lighting. They're going for the gore but what else is new? Going for the gore is pretty much the only thing you can do with this franchise and that's fine. It has a Devil's Rejects vibe.

Looking forward to it.

Edit: I just want to say that the way this film is being released is a sign of things to come. The current model of making 300 million dollar cinematic universe type of movies is not going to last for much longer I think. So you're going to see smaller movies released on VOD/theatrical same day. And hopefully this means smaller movies can take bigger chances to be different.
                              Alex K.
                              Last edited by Alex K.; 07-17-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X