Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scream Factory Releasing Tales From The Crypt - Demon Knight & Bordello Of Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Factory Releasing Tales From The Crypt - Demon Knight & Bordello Of Blood

"***NEW SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCEMENTS!***

You asked for them...and we got em! Both TALES FROM THE CRYPT films DEMON KNIGHT (1995) and BORDELLO OF BLOOD (1996) will be coming out on 10/20 as separate "Collector Edition" Blu-rays. We have no additional information at this time except that newly-commissioned artwork will be revealed next month and that extras will be announced in Late Summer.

The cat (crypt keeper?) was let out of the bag (coffin?) earlier today over a leak on the internet that caught us by surprise and hence the out-of-the-blue announce today. Originally, we had planned to reveal these two highly-requested titles sometime next week. We hope you are thrilled all the same!"

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Finally.

I'd been wondering what the hold-up was with these on Blu-ray. Especially Demon Knight.

I still recall seeing Demon Knight in the theatre. The crowd was having a decent time at first, nothing too noteworthy. About 15 minutes or so in, when Billy Zane punches that guy, the audience lost their shit. I heard a lot of, "OH SHIT!!!!!" after that scene. That scene loosened up the crowd, and the crowd had fun 'til the end. It was a good crowd.

Comment

Enjoyed Demon Knight in theater. Bordello, however, is garbage.

Comment

Bordello of Blood is no Demon knight, but I found it good fun. I don't mind Dennis Miller, I enjoyed him from weekend update.

Bordello felt a bit rushed, after the first half, like they couldn't cram everything in that they wanted to, or something. Just a vibe I got.

The flyer, getting guys for the Bordello, is very memorable... "I know a place where you can get the best GOD DAMN pussy.." etc.

Ballroom blitz scene was a bit of fun.

I can understand Bordello of Blood not being a person's taste, but for me, it's an OK time.

Comment

Good stuff! Glad it's coming out for you, then!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Ringeisen View Post
            The flyer, getting guys for the Bordello, is very memorable... "I know a place where you can get the best GOD DAMN pussy.." etc.

"I'm talkin' about gettin' FUCKED SO GOOD... you might be able to crawl... three days later!"

Bordello is a blast. Obviously Demon Knight is the better film but Bordello succeeds as a ridiculous vampire comedy hybrid. Miller is great. "Lilith baby, you need to see a vampire shrink!"
            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Love this announcement, but where is TALES FROM THE HOOD?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CJP9upxVEAA8H_C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	348517
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I would've preferred a double-feature disc, but I owe my love of horror to both of these movies so there's no way I'm sleeping on either of these Blu-ray releases. Can't wait.
                  It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
                    Love this announcement, but where is TALES FROM THE HOOD?
                    Ya' know? In the same way that the Joe D'amato Emanuelle movies are a good sequel to the original, Tales From the Hood does work as a kind of Crypt sequel.

Really curious about the extras.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Demon Knight special features;

Commentary with Director Ernest Dickerson (new)
                      Commentary with Special Make-up Effects Creator Todd Masters, Visual Effects Supervisor John Van Vliet, Special Effects Coordinator Thomas Bellissimo, and Demon Performer Walter Phelan (new)
                      Under Siege: The Making of Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight - Interviews with Director Ernest Dickerson, Co-producer A.L. Katz, Screenwriters Ethan Reiff, Cyrus Voris, and Mark Bishop, Stars Billy Zane, William Sadler, Brenda Bakke, Charles Fleischer. John Schuck and Dick Miller, Editor Stephen Lovejoy, Special Make-Up Effects Creator Todd Masters, Special Make-Up Effects Artists Scott Coulter and Scott Wheeler, and Demon Performer Walter Phelan (40 minutes) (new)
                      Panel Discussion from the American Cinematheque featuring director Ernest Dickerson, actor Dick Miller and Special Effects maestro Rick Baker
                      Still Gallery
                      Theatrical Trailer

Bordello of Blood special features:

Commentary with Co-Writer & Producer A.L. Katz (new)
                      Tainted Blood: The Making of Tales From The Crypt: Bordello Of Blood - Interviews with Actors Corey Feldman, Angie Everhart and Erika Eleniak,, Co-Writer & Co-Producer A.L. Katz, Editor & Second Unit Director Stephen Lovejoy, and Special Effects Creator Todd Masters (35 minutes) (new)
                      Video Promo
                      Still Gallery
                      Theatrical Trailer
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like those extras.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                        X