Name:	THE_MUTILATOR_2D_BD-500x500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	365722

Release Date: 28th September 2015
    Format: Dual Format Blu-ray & DVD
    Starring: Matt Mitler, Ruth Martinez, Bill Hitchcock
    Directed by: Buddy Cooper

Synopsis: BY SWORD. BY PICK. BY AXE. BYE BYE.

Although the slasher film was in decline by the mid-1980s, there were still some grisly delights to be had… and they don't come much grislier than writer-director Buddy Cooper's sickening stalk-and-slash classic The Mutilator!

When Ed receives a message from his father asking him to go and lock up the family's beach condo for the winter, it seems like the perfect excuse for an alcohol-fuelled few days away with his friends. After all, his dad has forgiven him for accidentally blowing mom away with a shotgun several years ago… hasn't he? But no sooner are the teens on the island than they find themselves stalked by a figure with an axe (and a hook, and an onboard motor) to grind…

Originally entitled Fall Break (watch out for the incongruous theme song of the same name!), The Mutilator has earned a reputation amongst horror fans as one of the 'holy grails' of 80s splatter mayhem due to its highly inventive (and not to say, decidedly gruesome) kill sequences, courtesy of FX wizard Mark Shostrom (Videodrome, Evil Dead II). Finally making its long-awaited bow in High-Definition, The Mutilator has returned to terrorise a whole new generation of horror fans!

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

Brand new 2K restoration from original vault materials of the R-rated and Unrated versions of the film
    High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    Brand new interviews with cast and crew
    The Mutilator locations visit
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork to be revealed
    Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film alongside archive articles from Fangoria magazine
    PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

DETAILS:
    Region: Free
    Rating: TBC
    Cat No: FCD1149
    Duration: TBC
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Aspect Ratio: TBC
    Audio: TBC
    Discs: 2
    Colour
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Zoinks!

Comment

I remember seeing this on VHS in the late 90s. Classic!

Comment

I am so excited for this on Blu-ray. It's one of my favorite slashers (and so is Blood Rage - I think Arrow is my favorite company now for putting out these gems!) I do wish they had used the U.S. VHS artwork for The Mutilator though - it was the same idea but the painting style was a little shoddier and somehow more disturbing and eye-catching. But that's a quibble.

Comment

I went ahead and preordered The Mutilator today. Can't wait for it's release I've never seen it before but looking forward to it. I like when a new film I've never seen especially a slasher from the 80's gets blu ray treatment, it's like you get to see it for the first time in better than original condition. Well depending on who's doing the blu ray I guess, but this is Arrow, so we know it's gonna be good, well as good as possible. I can't wait to see it. I am never sure what i saw back in the 80's and 90's on VHS, so maybe I did see this. I saw so many films back then I rented. I forget most of them. My parents in the 80's rented whatever I pointed out, if it didn't have naked people on the cover haha.

Comment

Shocked to see this get a Blu. I don't know if I'll check it out, I enjoy the film but it's not an all time favorite.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Pushed back to 12/1/15.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

/16

Comment

Great film. Underrated slasher IMO. This Blu is most welcome.

Comment

They pushed this back because they found better elements for the transfer.

That's a pretty good reason to push it back, I think.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wasn't sure I needed a spiffy upgrade of this, but after catching it today on a streaming channel at the mid-credits point and seeing it through to its insane conclusion for the first time in maybe ten years or so, I might change my mind! If one shares Stephen Thrower's love of slasher film set-ups and character sketches, this film is for them, I appreciated all of that more than before. As soon as it was over, I found it on one of the other VOD Roku channels so I could refresh on the pre-credits scenes and that solidified it. Guess I need to dig up my BLOOD RAGE dvd-r and see if that's a must also.

Comment

I would get more excited about this one than about Pieces personally

Comment

I guess I would too, if only because the PIECES dvd was so nice that an upgrade to blu would be fairly minimal, whereas I'm really curious to see what Arrow pulls off w/ THE MUTILATOR. I do question the reasoning for including the R-rated cut, is there alternate footage or is it more of a theatrical release nostalgia thing?

Comment

I don't have a clue, I have the Vipco DVD and I would guess it is not the R-rated cut as its quite gory
                            Yes maybe its all about being true to the Theatrical release thing, or maybe simply because they can?

Comment

The new Arrow release is supposed to be uncut
                              UK: BBFC details not yet published for:
                              2015 Arrow Video RB Bl-ray/R2 DVD Combo at UK Amazon released on 28th September 2015

The distributors have said that this restoration will be uncut.

Germany: Uncut for:

De Dragon R2 DVD via UK Am
                              Appears the UK Vipco DVD was mossing only 7 secs..and less cut than the US release..

UK: Passed 18 after 7s of BBFC cuts with other cuts waived for:
                              2003 Vipco R0 DVD
                              2000 Horror Video VHS
                              The BBFC cuts were in the same scenes as previously just less so:

deleted shots of a fish hook being forced between the legs of a girl and emerging from her stomach.
                              Old VHS was cut by 27 secs..same scene..just more cut

Comment

Working...
                              X