Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Blood Rage

Pre-order your UK copy here: http://bit.ly/1GCrnlL
    North American pre-orders links should be live soon!
    UK Release Date: 25th August 2015
    US Release Date: 26th August 2015
    Region: Free (NTSC DVD)
    Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
    Starring: Louise Lasser, Mark Soper, Marianne Kanter
    Directed by: John Grissmer

IT'S NOT CRANBERRY SAUCE!!!

What do you get if you combine Thanksgiving, American TV star Louise Lasser (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), killer 80s synths and some of the most gruesome special effects in all of slasher history courtesy of Ed (Terminator 2) French. Why, it's Blood Rage of course!

Todd and Terry seem like sweet kids - that is, until one of them takes an axe to face of a fellow patron at the local drive-in. Todd is blamed for the bloody crime and institutionalised, whilst twin brother Terry goes free. Ten years later and, as the family gathers around the table for a Thanksgiving meal, the news comes in that Todd has escaped - and he's heading their way. But has the killer twin in fact been in their midst all along? One thing's for sure, there WILL be blood…

Filmed in 1983 at the tail-end of the slasher golden era but not released until 1987, Blood Rage (also re-cut and released to theatres as Nightmare at Shadow Woods) has been lovingly restored from the original vault materials for its first ever appearance on Blu-ray and DVD. Happy Thankskilling!
    Special Edition Contents:

•Brand new 2K restoration from original vault materials of three versions of the film: Blood Rage, the original “hard” version, completely uncut and uncensored in a Blu-ray/DVD world premiere; the R-rated Nightmare at Shadow Woods 1987 re-cut, and a third “composite” cut combining all the footage from both Blood Rage and Nightmare at Shadow Woods
    •High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
    •Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    •Brand new extensive making-of documentary featuring interviews with various cast and crew
    •Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork to be revealed
    •Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film
    •PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

LIMITED EDITION SLIPCOVER ON THE FIRST 1000 ORDERS!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Fuck yeah!

Comment

Easily the best Thanksgiving horror flick.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Day one purchase for me. Saves me from having to create a composite from the DVD and VHS.

Comment

New street date is 11/24/15.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

***BLOOD RAGE FULL SPECS UPDATE***
            We are very pleased to reveal that our Blood Rage release has expanded and now includes more extras! Check out the revised specs below an don't forget to pre-order!
            Pre-order Blood Rage in the UK: http://bit.ly/1IJuRtO
            Pre-order Blood Rage in the US: http://amzn.to/1IJuVtq
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            3-DISC DIRECTOR-APPROVED LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
            •Three versions of the film - Blood Rage, the original home video version, Nightmare at Shadow Woods, the theatrical re-cut, and an alternate “composite” cut combining footage from both versions
            •Original Stereo 2.0 sound (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
            •Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
            •Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
            •Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Joseph A. Ziemba, author of BLEEDING SKULL! A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey
            BLU-RAY DISC 1 & DVD - BLOOD RAGE
            •Brand new 2K restoration of the “hard” home video version, transferred from the camera negative and featuring the original title card Slasher
            •Audio commentary with director John Grissmer
            •Both Sides of the Camera - an interview with producer/actress Marianne Kanter
            •Double Jeopardy - an interview with actor Mark Soper
            •Jeez, Louise! - an interview with actress Louise Lasser
            •Man Behind the Mayhem - an interview with special make-up effects creator Ed French
            •Three Minutes with Ted Raimi - an interview with actor Ted Raimi
            •Return to Shadow Woods - featurette revisiting the original locations in Jacksonville, Florida
            •Alternate opening titles
            •Motion still gallery featuring rare behind-the-scenes make-up photos
            BLU-RAY DISC 2 - NIGHTMARE AT SHADOW WOODS [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
            •Nightmare at Shadow Woods - the re-edited 1987 theatrical cut featuring footage not seen in the Blood Rage
            •home video version
            •Alternate composite cut of the feature combining footage from the home video and theatrical versions
            •Never-before-seen outtakes

Click image for larger version

Name:	12195778_1076297312404262_1140729484137111151_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	349406
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From FB:

***BLOOD RAGE US RELEASE + AMAZON.COM UPDATE***
              Calling all US Arrow fans! We have a couple of important updates for you.

Firstly, Blood Rage. In a bizarre turn of events all of the US stock for Blood Rage got held at customs. You will all be pleased to hear that everything has now been straightened out and stock is safely en route to the US. Due to this incident we have had to bump the release date to December 15 however this is purely for the benefit of Amazon.com (they needed a new date on their systems) and is NOT the revised date for this release. Blood Rage will be shipping out as soon as it arrives with the majority of retailers (apart from Amazon.com!) and stock is due to reach US retailers early next week!
              Next up, Amazon.com. As some of you already know, we have had lots of issues with Amazon.com not ordering adequate stock or simply ordering stock too late. We have been working closely with our US sales team to put pressure on them and ensure that they order on time but sadly Amazon.com still aren't resolving the issues their end. With this in mind, if you are keen to receive our US releases on the actual release date we would strongly advise that you order direct from the very good folks at DiabolikDVD.com here: http://bit.ly/17fabbU. We are working closely with Diabolik to ensure that they always have adequate stock of our titles so you will not experience any of the issues you have been with Amazon.com

And that is all for now folks. If you have any additional questions related to the above let us know via the comments below!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched this this morning. The last time I saw the film was via the Vipco VHS release, which would have been around 25 years ago. It's a really strange film, often very, very funny (eg, Todd's reaction to Karen's demand, when she mistakes him for Terry, that he make love to her). The effects work still stands up remarkably well. I enjoyed it.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Blood Rage (Best Thanksgiving horror flick)

Re-watched this one last night. It's a pretty fun Slasher picture that doesn't take itself too seriously while having some fun with the concept. It's your basic evil twin kind of story but handled with a wink and nod approach with copious gore. Not the greatest of all time but easily the best of all the horror films set on Thanksgiving. Not counting Eli Roth's Thanksgiving trailer:

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I watched this last week, via Arrow's new BD. I'm not sure if I've seen this before (I may have confused it with the Joseph Zito flick of a similar title). If I have, it was a long time ago, during the early 1990s. Quite an entertaining film, I thought, very dryly funny in places.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Arrow Releasing Blood Rage

What a terrible film; hugely entertaining. Can't believe I've got three cuts of this in the Arrow set!

Comment

Working...
                      X