X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRS Cinema Releasing Tim Ritter's Killing Spree On Blu-ray

Pre-order goes live on Sunday....

http://srscinema.com/home/?p=579

"SRS Cinema will present the movie on Blu-ray for the first time. The plan is for a dual Blu-Ray/DVD release, and tentatively the blu-ray disc will include: 1) The all-new Director's cut; 2) The original release cut; 3) Never before seen bloopers; 4) All-new commentary from Tim Ritter (and maybe others); and 5) Blinded by the Blood, a doc about the making of “Killing Spree”. There may even be more. The DVD will include as many of these things that we can fit on there as well - but no promises on anything beyond the new cut of the movie tho. There will only be 666 pressed copies released (in honor of the address of the main location house in the movie, “666 Peerless Lane”), EVER, and once they are gone expect them to skyrocket in value. You'll want to get them as SOON as they come out! A lot of people missed out on Tim's “Day of the Reaper” and are paying twice the original retail price (or more) to grab one now - WHEN/IF they come up for sale."

A bunch more info at the link.

Click image for larger version

Name:	killih.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	365672

Rock! Shock! Pop!

So these guys are finally going to press "real" Blu-rays, good to hear.

Comment

yep but not for all titles, only a title like Killing Spree where we think this kind of #'s can be sold to warrant it. That being said, the BD-R's work great, all you need to do is take care of them the same as any disc - put them back in the cases once done. They'll last as long as any pressed disc.

That being said, let me get back on topic, Killing Spree launched last nite and sold amazingly! Here's the info:

Grab your "Killing Spree Director's Cut" Blu-ray and/or VHS now, just 666 copies will go up for sale on Blu/DVD combo, 30 units each on the VHS! http://www.srscinema.com/subrosa/?p=701

Comment

""Killing Spree" Blu update... the polished cut should be done next week and off to Tim for new commentary track. Tim's prepping some other extras for us too. Also waiting on some more of the music to be transferred from the original tapes."
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

""Killing Spree" Blu's are in stock but posters missing, got an email into replicator, once those are in all Blu/DVD and VHS orders will ship! http://www.srscinema.com/subrosa/?p=701"

Click image for larger version

Name:	10984473_721129374665901_3976001605912138402_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	348502
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Got my copy yesterday (with the poster). I'll post some caps later but it looks okay, all things considered. I only skimmed it last night, haven't watched it properly yet. I did notice a bit of smudginess that maybe means it was filtered. More details later once I get home from work.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Got my copy yesterday (with the poster). I'll post some caps later but it looks okay, all things considered.
              Well... time to eat my words.

These are all clickable if you like to click things.

See those compression artifacts? That macroblocking? How could you not. I knew this was an upscale, they said as much and I'm fine with that. The detail in some scenes isn't half bad considering what was left to work with here.

But holy fuck.... that compression is garbage. Why? Probably because this 'HD' transfer is an MPEG-2 1080i encode that takes up a whole 7GBS of disc space. Given what this set costs, that's a bunch of crap right there.

The extras are great. The movie is fun. I really wanted to love this release (I was quite happy with Day Of The Reaper) but no. This is a really bad transfer.

It makes it hard to support releases like this when previous DVD releases look just as good OR ACTUALLY BETTER than the Blu-ray that sells for $35 plus shipping.

I've got the two upcoming Polonia Blu's on pre-order and am seriously considering cancelling them after seeing this mess.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jeeeeeesus. That's actually sub-YouTube compression right there.

Comment

Watched this last night, it holds up well. If it's not Ritter's best, it's close (I think I like Truth Or Dare better). Asbestos Felt is the man.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The part where he puts on the old lady's glasses after he bashes her head in with a hammer is classic.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

This is streaming on Amazon now.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Spree...TMH/ref=sr_1_1
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I still have my original VHS of this little masterpiece of Mr. Ritter. that I bought from the now out of business Borders Bookstore. Great stuff, as are all of Tim Ritter's films. I purchased this along with Eric Stanze's Savage Harvest, and Ronnie Sortor's Ravage. Killing Spree is a hilarious, surreal, gory, over the top micro budget masterwork.
                        https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Terror Vision are releasing this on Blu-ray soon.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products...5426a41d&_ss=r
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is there any reason to upgrade a SOV movie to Blu? Can the image be improved? It's nice for people who don't already own this on DVD, but what's the point otherwise?
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              Is there any reason to upgrade a SOV movie to Blu? Can the image be improved? It's nice for people who don't already own this on DVD, but what's the point otherwise?
                              The compression is typically vastly improved, which can definitely make a difference. Not sure that it'll be miles above the old DVD, but it should be an improvement.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X