Deathdream Coming To Blu-ray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deathdream Coming To Blu-ray!

Not details or a firm date yet, but check out the cover art!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

ANOTHER movie that I have yet to watch...it is part of a large number of older movies that I just never got around to renting from the video rental store when i was younger...DESPITE seeing the display case unrented most days I was there... need to catch up with them someday...

Comment

One of my most anticipated releases. It's one of the best American horror films from the 70's. Subkultur are aiming for a January 2016 release, delicious looking screens from the master here. So much good stuff coming from German language territory right now.

EDIT:
      Subkultur's Don't Go in the House BD looks completely marvellous btw. Highly recommended!
      enandalusiskhund
      An Andalusian Dog
      Last edited by enandalusiskhund; 11-09-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Lovely ! Great film.

Comment

One of the best 70s horror films, excellent.

Comment

Small update on this from FB:

"Deathdream Blu-Ray!!!! Preorder coming soon on DiabolikDVD.com !
            Region B with original ending !"
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Up for pre-order from D&T here. Release date April 29th, price €30. It's gonna look spectacular! Day one purchase for me.

Comment

I think all their 'Grindhouse collection' releases have been limited to 1000, most are still available months after release. For some reason 'Don't Go In the House' is not available through their site, don't know if this means its no longer available?

Comment

It's on now! Deathdream is OUT NOW. From what I've read a nice upgrade but quite a bit darker than the DVD, which to my eyes looks absolutely right for the films.

Comment

Blue Underground announced that they are releasing this this Halloween.

Comment

From Blue Underground's FB page:

We now have the final details on DEATHDREAM (aka DEAD OF NIGHT). The Deluxe Limited Edition of Bob Clark's critically-acclaimed zombie shocker will be unleashed on November 28th!

SOMETHING UNSPEAKABLE HAS COME HOME

In this shattering variation on 'The Monkey's Paw,' grief-stricken suburban parents (Academy Award® nominees John Marley of THE GODFATHER and Lynn Carlin of FACES) refuse to accept the news that their son Andy (Richard Backus) has been killed in Vietnam. But when Andy returns home soon after, something may be horribly wrong: Andy is alive and well...or is he? Produced and directed by Bob Clark (BLACK CHRISTMAS) and written by Alan Ormsby (DERANGED), DEATHDREAM was one of the very first films to confront the domestic ravages of the Vietnam War. More than forty years later, it remains one of the most chilling horror films of all time.

DEATHDREAM was released under several different titles, including DEAD OF NIGHT, THE NIGHT WALK and THE NIGHT ANDY CAME HOME, and marked the grisly debut of gore effects legend Tom Savini (DAWN OF THE DEAD). Blue Underground is proud to present this acclaimed zombie shocker in a new 2K restoration from the 35mm negative in its most complete version ever, along with original and brand-new Extras exclusive to this release!

Extras:
                      -Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Producer/Director Bob Clark
                      -Audio Commentary #2 with Writer/Make-Up Artist (Uncredited) Alan Ormsby
                      -NEW! A Recollection With Star Anya Liffey and Writer/Make-Up Artist Alan Ormsby
                      -NEW! Notes For A Homecoming - Interview with Composer Carl Zittrer
                      -NEW! Flying Down To Brooksville - Interview with Production Manager John 'Bud' Cardos
                      -Tom Savini: The Early Years
                      -Deathdreaming - Interview with Star Richard Backus
                      -Alternate Opening Titles
                      -Theatrical Trailer
                      -NEW! Expanded Still Galleries
                      -NEW! Alan Ormsby Student Film
                      -BONUS Collectable Booklet with new essay by critic Travis Crawford (First Pressing Only!)
                      -WORLD PREMIERE of brand new 2K restoration from the 35mm negative in its most complete version ever!
                      -EXCLUSIVE LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION includes Blu-ray, DVD, bonus collectable booklet, reversible "Dead of Night" artwork, and special packaging

Video Specs: Widescreen 1.85:1/16x9
                      Blu-ray Audio Specs: English: DTS-HD Mono
                      DVD Audio Specs: English: Dolby Digital Mono
                      Optional Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
                      ALL REGIONS

Click image for larger version  Name:	21558757_10155541157825149_1637515729924883169_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	353075

Click image for larger version  Name:	21752203_10155541158240149_5687677095033735838_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	353076
                      Ian Jane
                      Administrator
                      Last edited by Ian Jane; 02-23-2024, 01:06 PM.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hmm, new resto? I own the Subkultur, which already looks good btw, but this just got a bit more tempting.

Comment

I seem to get in the mood to watch BU's dvd every couple of years & the film always seems to hold up for me so I'll upgrade.

Was the dvd 'the most complete version' or did it have something missing?

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
                            It's one of the best American horror films from the 70's.
                            Quoted for truth. I adore this movie.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                              I seem to get in the mood to watch BU's dvd every couple of years & the film always seems to hold up for me so I'll upgrade.

Was the dvd 'the most complete version' or did it have something missing?
                              This seems to be what they mean by "the most complete version"
                              Marc Edward Heuck By "most complete," does this mean you found workable elements for the full ending where Lynn Carlin says, "Andy's home. Some boys never come home".
                              Blue Underground Yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X