Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salma Hayek In Everly

Directed by Joe Lynch.

"An action/thriller centered on a woman who faces down assassins sent by her ex, a mob boss, while holed up in her apartment."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

This just reeks of another Shoot Em Up or Violet & Daisy etc. To much tongue in cheek, boring fucking results. That said, I'll probably see it when it arrives here.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

From the trailer it looks like that's a single location action flick. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing. Could be kind of interesting if so. Great way to do a bang-bang flick and keep the budget down. Also how digital does that look? Is it just me or do digital films look more digital than digital films looked a few years back?
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I didn't like Shoot Em Up or Violet & Daisy. I thought Everly was pretty good though. It plays like Robert Rodriguez ripping off Kill Bill, but overall is less tongue in cheek than something like Machete (which I like). Given how derivative it is, those so inclined will find it pretty easy to hate. For me, the more shameless the theft, the better (as long as it's in service of cheap grindhouse thrills).

Comment

What you lot whining about???

Its an action movie that has Salma Hayek in bra and panties.

I am going to watch this in the theater!!!

Comment

I love SHOOT EM UP and will definitely be checking out EVERLY. Hopefully in the theater.

Comment

she's so fuggen hot. Just finally saw Roadracers and man is she fine in that.

Comment

That mirror shot (thumbnail for the trailer) alone has sold a ticket to me.

Comment

So, this was released here. I liked it a lot more then I thought I would. More broad splatter humour then I would have ever imagined. Not a great film per se, but a fun 85 minutes before the credits roll.

And *SPOILERS*

It really is a one location action flick. Kind of impressed by that to be quite honest.

In total: 3 out of 5 toasters.
                  "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Selma's still hot. Certainly not at her mid 90s Hottest Woman In The World peak but still very definitely bangable. That should get you to the end credits but this film is really no where near as much fun as it should be. There's much more darkness than I need in a film this dopey. Given the total lack of plot and storylogic it should have skipped that stuff and just focused on being a female John Wick.

How Everly deals with the dog is great though.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                    X