X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mill Creek Releasing The Lady From Shanghai

It streets 3/17/15.

Synopsis:
    Orson Welles (Citizen Kane, 1941) wrote, directed and starred in this treacherous tale of a sailor (Welles) hired to help a beautiful woman (Rita Hayworth) and her disabled lawyer husband (Everett Sloane) sail their private yacht from New York to San Francisco via the Panama Canal. On board, he is bribed to "fake" the murder of the lawyer's partner (Glenn Anders), only to find himself trapped in a deadly game of cat and mouse. Welles created a scandal, and lots of publicity, by having his wife Hayworth's trademark red locks cut short and bleached blonde for her role as a femme
    fatale, but the movie failed to score at the box office upon its release. Over time, critics have lavished praise on Welles's uncommon vision, which culminates with the most elaborately staged of all film noir finales - the famous shootout in the hall of mirrors.

Target Audience: Classic Movie and Blu-ray Buffs, Film Noir Fans
    Notable Cast/Crew: Rita Hayworth, Orson Welles

Key selling points:
    •TCM has recently released a Blu-ray + DVD combo of this film. We are both using the same 4k restoration master. Their product has a $29.99 SRP and while this release will be at only $14.98.
    •Based on the novel “If I Die Before I Wake”
    •86% Fresh Rating on Rotten Tomatoes

Click image for larger version

Name:	81rQMEQAGVL._AA1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	365584
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Good! I had written this off due to some negative reviews regarding PQ on the TCM blu, but I did not realize that they had re-done the transfer now.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-r...ai_blu-ray.htm

Comment

I absolutely love this film and couldn't get hold of the TCM release owing to the TCM store not shipping to the UK. (I did however manage to watch their 4K restoration via a more illicit source.) This is a definite preorder for me! Great news!
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
      X