The Ninth Configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ninth Configuration

Out on blu-ray 11/4/14? I ran across this by accident just now browsing on amazon.

from Henstooth. Here's hoping it's a decent transfer and all that. Wish it had multiple cuts of the film.

It's supposed to have an audio commentary, deleted scenes, and outtakes.

Comment

Seems the same as the old DVD from 2000 or so. I'd love to see all the various versions.
      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Blu-ray.com review is now up with some screenshots, and some history/speculation(?) regarding the 2.0 mono soundtrack we are now left with. I like this movie quite a bit and the screen shots look nice, and accurate for color and grain. I'm ordering it.
        I still wish that I could see the cut that I saw originally in the theater with the Twinkle Twinkle Killer Kane title with some different music/sound cues and a different ending. I also think that cut was 130 minutes instead of the 118 minute cut.

This looks to be a giant upgrade compared to the Warner DVD, of which I have NTSC R1 and the PAL R2.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ni...lu-ray/103379/
        paul h.
        woly boly
        Last edited by paul h.; 11-08-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Shout Factory is releasing this on Blu-ray from a new 2K scan of the negative, but it is a Shout Factory website exclusive that is limited to 1500 copies.

Comment

When I read the novel, it had the "Twinkle, Twinkle, Killer Kane" title. I'm not sure if the there are more than one version of the book, or if it was just re-titled at some point. I've never seem the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              Shout Factory is releasing this on Blu-ray from a new 2K scan of the negative, but it is a Shout Factory website exclusive that is limited to 1500 copies.
              Ugh, you'd think this had enough of a cult following for a retail release.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post

Ugh, you'd think this had enough of a cult following for a retail release.
                They really have become the worst. Communion, Cockfighter, the TV movie of Dr. Strange all should have been wide releases. I guess they were trying to hide the shit job they did with Cockfighter, but that Dr. Strange easily could have gotten into Walmarts to capitalize on the recent movie.

Comment

They really have become the worst. Communion, Cockfighter, the TV movie of Dr. Strange all should have been wide releases. I guess they were trying to hide the shit job they did with Cockfighter, but that Dr. Strange easily could have gotten into Walmarts to capitalize on the recent movie.
                  Dr. Strange could have been frozen out of retail by Disney insisting stores carrying it wouldn't get the theatrical sequel. Shit like that has been known to happen before, and if SHOUT figured they can make money off it as a web-exclusive, fair play to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Dr. Strange could have been frozen out of retail by Disney insisting stores carrying it wouldn't get the theatrical sequel. Shit like that has been known to happen before, and if SHOUT figured they can make money off it as a web-exclusive, fair play to them.
                    Possible, but Shout did get Pyun's Captain America in-stores around the time of the first Disney Captain America movie.

Comment

Possible, but Shout did get Pyun's Captain America in-stores around the time of the first Disney Captain America movie.
                      That would be exactly why they couldn't get Dr. Strange into those stores. Disney probably wasn't happy about that, and leaned on retailers to tell SHOUT that they won't be bringing in any non-Marvel Studios movies for Marvel properties aside from major studios that hold current rights, like Sony.

Warner Brothers did that to keep the Adam West Batman movie from being screened or released on video in 1989.

Comment

Of course I grabbed this last week. Too good to pass up for approx $9USD​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220523_140318.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	393987
                        Oily Maniac
                        Last edited by Oily Maniac; 05-29-2022, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X