Paul Haggis Defects From Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Haggis Defects From Scientology

I don't give a good goddam about his films, i personally don't like them, but this upcoming article in the New Yorker has some pretty strange insight into Scientology. VERY long, but well-worth the read.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...urrentPage=all

Scientology is fucked.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah. That's a good article though, if you get the chance to read the whole thing. it's got some pretty good information on what a douche Tom Cruise is (in case you didn't know), Scientology's take on gay marriage, and the hypocrisy of the whole thing. I personally think that they're all fucked in the head, but it does take a pretty unbiased look at the "religion", while only criticizing specific members and a few of their practices.

Comment

That was a really heavy-going read...but I read it! Woo! Now my brain is fried. But, yeah, what you guys said...I've been saying it about this cult for years. Loopy! :cuckoo:

Comment

I used to regard them with some amusement but no longer. There is something genuinely evil about these bloodsuckers and David Miscavige is a nasty little troll that reminds me of Joseph Goebbels.

Comment

Scientology is a loony cult dressed up as an organisation for celebs like Tom Cruise and John Travolta to endorse and tell everyone there lives are so much better now or whatever crap they say
            I have seen documentaries about the cult and they are mad, secretive and money grabbing liars
            Watched the recent Louis Theroux do on them -crazy

Comment

Thanks for the update.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Lawrence Wright expanded the article linked into an excellent book Going Clear, a doc based on it was released that is also a solid piece of work.
                Randy G
                Last edited by Randy G; 08-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                  Lawrence Wright expanded the artivle linked into an excellent book Going Clear, a doc based on it was released that is also a solid piece of work.
                  The doc is excellent. I'd recommend The Godmakers to anyone who enjoyed Going Clear, it's a similar dissection of Mormonism and is really eye-opening. One note, it was made by a Christian publisher, so there's a fair bit of comparison between Christianity and Mormonism, but it's not really proselytizing, just pointing out differences between the mainstream faith and Mormonism.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                    The doc is excellent. I'd recommend The Godmakers to anyone who enjoyed Going Clear, it's a similar dissection of Mormonism and is really eye-opening. One note, it was made by a Christian publisher, so there's a fair bit of comparison between Christianity and Mormonism, but it's not really proselytizing, just pointing out differences between the mainstream faith and Mormonism.
                    I'd consider The Godmakers fundamentalist Baptist propaganda myself. Christian fundamentalists attack Mormonism regularly because it poaches from the same white Christian population. Still worth a watch with that in mind. It ain't no If Footmen Tire You, What Will Horses Do? in terms of nutty Christian propaganda films though.

Comment

Working...
                    X