No announcement yet.

JOHN WICK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dug the first one. Part 2 was flaming ass (it sucked so bad). Excited Mark Dacascos is in this one but they really should stop casting boring people like Ruby Rose and Halle Berry in these things. Where's Wincott, Drago, Lambert, Hues, Van Damme, Lundgren, Arnie, Rothrock, etc, etc...?
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

BOOOOOO!
      Geof Darrow Drew a 'John Wick 3' Poster So Violent It Can Never Be Seen

Comment

I need to see these movies.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          I need to see these movies.
          Yes, you definitely do. They're awesome fun.

Comment

I'm calling it, for inventiveness, skill and scale Parabellum has the most well constructed action scenes ever. Really takes the John Woo "bullet ballet" thing to it's logical conclusion. They've even sorted those annoyingly poor muzzle flashes from the first one.

It's messy as fuck on a story telling front, and I didn't know what was going on a lot of the time, but it really doesn't matter. It's like complaining about the plot in a Bubsy Berkley musical. I had a hell of a good time.

Only thing that was bothering me was, has Keanu always looked fucking wierd when he runs or is that age? If it's age they better pump out the next couple sequels quick. Every time he gets both feet of the ground he looks like Harrison Ford in that last Indiana Jones flick.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (USA, 2019) [DCP] - 3/5
              Fun, but with a downwards trend. The best stuff is in the beginning. The knife room fight is fabulous, with Keanu in career best form, filmed with very long (but not overly long takes). and choreographed mad creativity. The final fights are less imaginative, and also use quicker edits. Some good bits here and there, like the battle dogs, but also failed opportunities like the motorcycle chase which packs so much movement that none of it ends up having an impact (still way better than the same scene in The Villainess). Cinematography and editing remains acceptable throughout, far above the mess that was John Wick 2, but they could still learn from the 180 degree rule. Oh and why did they have Mark Dacascos speak random lines in clumsy Japanese? There was no need for that, just stick to English, please. Overall, better than Wick 2, not as good as Wick 1 that had more interesting world building.

At first when I saw Dacascos in the film, I was like "oh, cool, Kenji Oba".

Takuma
              Last edited by Takuma; 10-08-2019, 05:21 AM.

Comment

JW4 coming March 2023.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

John Wick finally hits the wall. This is a bloated piece of cinema clocking in at a mighty 170 minutes. I'm not sure the John Wick "universe", which bears no resemblance to the real universe, can sustain 170 minutes. Number 3 had some killer action. It's a while since I saw it but i recall a fight in a knife store that was absolutely blistering, inventive use of a horse and several other highlights. There's tons of fighting in the early scenes of part 4 but it's not until the Paris finale that they get inventive. There's some cool stuff in Paris although those scenes do you have you wondering how many times John Wick can get run over before he stops getting up. The answer seems to be a lot.

The bullet proof suits are stupid and shouldn't be a thing. Watching Keanu cover his face with his jacket constantly because it is apparently bullet proof looks really dumb and removes a lot of tension from fight scenes. Doesn';'t matter if someone is emptying their gun right into John Wick's face he can just raise his arm and block the shots. Also why can't someone make him a bulletproof balaclava? Similarly the damage he can survive means he's never really in trouble. Surrounded by bad guys on the fourth floor of a tower with no where to go? No problem. Just leap out the window and take the impact with the pavement. He can walk that off. It makes it stakeless like a Superman movie.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Figured I should see at least the first one. It's ok. Yes, good stunts and action. But, dialogue?

When Wick blurts out: "You stole my car! And, you killed my dog!" --- I busted out laughing.

Comment

John Wick 4 is overrated!
                      Yes, I have said it. I have watched all the previous movies in the John Wick universe and like them a lot. The fourth installment was a bit of a drag.
                      The action scenes were somewhat not realistic and fictional. However, I like the entry of IP Man in the franchise.
                      Let's see if they make a better sequel in the future.

Comment

Too long, stupidly overdone action scenes, and yes, that bulletproof suit that allows him to deflect bullets with his arm like Wonder Woman also apparently means he can survive anything. Absolute garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          that bulletproof suit that allows him to deflect bullets with his arm like Wonder Woman also apparently means he can survive anything.
                          Ah, is the suit why he's able to fall a mile and shake it off? I see... I was wondering why he was superhuman... Well that's stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post

Ah, is the suit why he's able to fall a mile and shake it off? I see... I was wondering why he was superhuman... Well that's stupid...
                            Get hit by cars, fall out of an airplane and land on a 60' tall sword, yep. Makes sense.

Comment

I love you guys complaining about a lack of realism in a John Wick movie. Seriously, though, are you guys surprised that they're now trying to appeal to the superhero crowd? This is a big, dumb action franchise for the masses.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                                I love you guys complaining about a lack of realism in a John Wick movie. Seriously, though, are you guys surprised that they're now trying to appeal to the superhero crowd? This is a big, dumb action franchise for the masses.
                                LOL. You might think I'm coming into this empty-handed, but I've argued with a Mr. Richard Doyle on Facebook about this.

Anyway, what I said to him at the end was to basically break down the run time of the previous films. Long story short, if this was 90 minutes of wonderwomanbulletproofsuit wearing, I'd say, "Yep, this franchise is solid". When you start venturing into Godfather length, you better bring the fuckin goods. And for this one, they did not.

Comment

Working...
                                X