Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambo 5 To Begin Filming

From Film Divider:

"Not much is known about the imminent fifth Rambo movie at all, besides the casting of Sylvester Stallone in the lead role. We've got no idea who will be directing the film just yet, though Avi Lerner's Millennium Entertainment are producing.

Word went round a few weeks back that the film would spend some time shooting in Shreveport, Louisiana. Now the film is listed on the websites of local crewing services, in order to recruit the staff who will make the film, and the start date being given is October 27th.

The film is said to be likely to film in the area until Christmas. It's not clear if any other shooting will take place at other locations afterwards, or even at the same time as the Shreveport production block."

More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well Rambo 4 was kind of nice. I hope Sly still has what it takes after all these Expendables and what not.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

If he (they) did something like Rambo 4 but without CGI, I would be in heaven!

In any case, it's good news. If they make a movie, it might turn out good. If they don't make a movie, well, then it won't turn out good It's not like Stallone has anything better to do, except maybe enjoy retirement.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ian Jane;97912]From Film Divider:

"Not much is known about the imminent fifth Rambo movie at all, besides the casting of Sylvester Stallone in the lead role. We've got no idea who will be directing the film just yet,

/QUOTE]

Haha...Even a movie that Stallone isnt supposed to direct...He DOES direct I am sure!!!

I like RAMBO 4 as it was everything a violent action movie should be.....Hope he keeps it up and leaves the EXPENDABLES to be his "softer" action movie franchise!!

Comment

I'll be there, opening day.

That is all.

Comment

Yeah. Part IV was great, minus the CGI. Looking forward to it.

Comment

sort of feel that nitpicking the CGI is old people talk. would RAMBO be the same without CGI? I dig practical over the CGI but sometimes possibly practical just isn't in the cards. how long does a squib take to set up? how many squibs would have been needed for RAMBO? does the dye involved stain clothing in case reshoots are required? RAMBO is an awesome movie and i have a feeling that if it was practical only then some of the great scenes in it might have been different. i could be wrong tho.

totally looking forward to number 5

Comment

I really liked RAMBO (has it really been seven years since that film was released to cinemas?) but never caught up with the extended edit that was released on DVD/BD in the US, which as I understand it softened the violence somewhat.

If Stallone makes a fifth instalment, I'll see it; but I thought the return home at the end of RAMBO was a fitting resolution to the series as a whole, bringing the narrative of all four films full circle.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                  sort of feel that nitpicking the CGI is old people talk. would RAMBO be the same without CGI? I dig practical over the CGI but sometimes possibly practical just isn't in the cards. how long does a squib take to set up? how many squibs would have been needed for RAMBO? does the dye involved stain clothing in case reshoots are required? RAMBO is an awesome movie and i have a feeling that if it was practical only then some of the great scenes in it might have been different. i could be wrong tho.
                  I wouldn't say so. There isn't actually that much violence in Rambo. Almost all of it is in one scene. A lot more violent movies have been done before without CGI, and with much smaller budgets.

For me CGI blood is always bad filmmaking. I've tried to ignore it as much as I can, because these days so many otherwise great films use it. But no, it just looks so damn bad almost always. I would rather take these scenes with no blood at all than with CGI blood...

One of the biggest problems with CGI is that it allows any filmmaker to do anything. You don't need to innovate anymore, you don't need to come up with new ideas, no new breakthroughs, you can just take the first idea that came to your head and tell your crew do it in lousy CGI. That's why we get these movies that look like my old Playstation 1 games...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                    I really liked RAMBO (has it really been seven years since that film was released to cinemas?) but never caught up with the extended edit that was released on DVD/BD in the US, which as I understand it softened the violence somewhat.

If Stallone makes a fifth instalment, I'll see it; but I thought the return home at the end of RAMBO was a fitting resolution to the series as a whole, bringing the narrative of all four films full circle.
                    Didnt they cut out some of the more controversial moments of the film, but added more dialogue I think fleshing out the characters a bit more. I always felt that the original released cut was too short. However I too really like the film.

Comment

My problem with CGI ismt that i have a problem with technology haha. I thimk Takuma hit all of the points i wanted to. Sure, practical effects take time and money. But the cgi blood in Rambo just didn't look good.

Comment

I thought the CGI in Rambo 4 was fine. It could have been better on the final bad guy though. But lest not forget that practical effects work weren't perfect 100% of the time either.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
                          Didnt they cut out some of the more controversial moments of the film, but added more dialogue I think fleshing out the characters a bit more.
                          Yes, I think the shooting of the two boys, for example, was cut from the extended cut; which, I believe, also begins with Rambo rather than the chase through the paddy field (which, although I haven't seen the extended cut, I can't imagine working that well - I liked that the film took time to set the context for the story before showing Rambo to us), and it also throws more focus on Sarah - and her relationship with Rambo. (I wasn't too keen on Julie Benz's performance, so the thought of her role being enlarged doesn't fill me with the desire to track down the extended cut.)
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

I didn't care for the director's cut of Rambo 4. Pacing was a little off and it was very heavy handed. Shocking I know.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                              I didn't care for the director's cut of Rambo 4. Pacing was a little off and it was very heavy handed. Shocking I know.
                              Thanks for the comment on that extended cut, Alex. I'd guess my feelings about it would be the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X