X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    sukebanboy

• sukebanboy
    replied
    Legend, Hero....the guy is a HUGE part of my growing up....probably a huge part of my addiction to crap action movies too.....

Imagine back to the days of video rentals if there had never been a Menahem Golan .....there probably would not have BEEN any video rental revenue without him and Cannon!!!

When you saw "GOLAN-GLOBUS " appear in t he starting credits you were GUARANTEED enjoyment.....It was like a stamp of approval!!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    His films were required viewing when i was a kid. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    RIP one of the sultans of action sleaze.

Leave a comment:

• Christian Bates-Hardy
    Pod Person

• Christian Bates-Hardy
    replied
    Menahem didn't just shape my tastes, he shaped my childhood! Masters of the Universe was one of my FAVORITE films when I was a kid. I still love it to this day. Rest in peace Mr. Golan.

Leave a comment:

• The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    replied
    He was a true hero. May he rest in Peace indeed. I would not trade my adolesence in videostores renting his films for anything in the world.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    More here.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    started a topic RIP Menahem Golan

RIP Menahem Golan

85 years old, not a bad run.

RIP to a legend and a man who, I'm sure, had a huge role in shaping what a lot of movie buffs my age consider to be the pinnacle of the genre!

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...556648,00.html

"The legendary Israeli film producer and director Menahem Golan has passed away at age 85.

Golan is an Israel Prize laureate for his contribution to Israeli cinema and held a central role in Hollywood in the 80s.

Together with his cousin Yoram Globus, Golan headed Cannon Group, a successful production company that produced films such as Delta Force and was instrumental in launching the careers of Charles Bronson and Chuck Noris.
    He is survived by a wife and three children."
Working...
X