Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Moon Releasing Trancers On Blu-ray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Moon Releasing Trancers On Blu-ray!

Full Moon just sent over this info...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trancers-Blu-Ray-Now.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	365217

Trancers is available NOW on Blu-ray for the first time and has been remastered with AMAZING Widescreen color correction, 5.1 surround sound, and an incredible amount of extras:

* Audio Commentary by Tim Thomerson and Charles Band
    * Daniel Griffith's Trancers Featurette
    * Rare Interview with Tim Thomerson, Helen Hunt, and Megan Ward
    * Complete Trancers: City of Lost Angels segment from the Pulsepounders Trilogy
    * Rare Stills Gallery
    * Rare Full Moon Trailers
    5.1 surround sound
    16:9 widescreen
    Region Free
    Original release 1984
    Remastered release 2014

Rock! Shock! Pop!

So we can easilly guess that 88 Films will release it too.

Comment

No doubt, and in a superior transfer taboot.
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Details on the 88 Films release:

It's a Full Moon Party and Everyone is Invited!

CULT SCI-FI CLASSIC TRANCERS TIME TRAVELS ONTO BRITISH BLU RAY!

AN EIGHTIES FAVOURITE IS FINALLY HERE - WITH A HEROIC HI-DEF TRANSFER!

The legendary Charles Band has crafted a slew of certified genre classics - from the original RE-ANIMATOR (1985), which helped to launch the producer's celebrated Empire Pictures, to the likes of PUPPET MASTER (1989) and CASTLE FREAK (1995). However, few of Band's cinematic achievements are as beloved as his genre-jousting interplanetary gem TRANCERS - starring the iconic Tim Thomerson (NEAR DARK) in his trademark role of Jack Deth. A curious, carnage-packed cross between THE TERMINATOR (1984) and NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968), TRANCERS is widely accepted to be one of the finest sci-fi themed films of its decade.

A futuristic law-enforcer, Jack Deth has the unenviable task of tracking down a psychic-psycho who is turning unassuming residents of 1980's Los Angeles into his zombie servants (and watch out for a clever homage to David Cronenberg's RABID with the appearance of an 'infected' Santa Claus!). Travelling back to 1985, from the year 2247, Deth inhabits the body of an old ancestor - a silver-haired California journalist called Phil Dethton. Coming to terms with the late 20th century proves to be a struggle for Deth but, thankfully, he has a beautiful blonde girlfriend to keep him occupied (played by Academy Award winner Helen Hunt) and an army of antagonists to exterminate! Directed by Band himself, TRANCERS led to five sequels, defined the video rental era and established Hunt as an A-list actress in waiting.

Long-awaited by fans of 88 Films, a company with a proven dedication to Band's filmic franchises (including UK BluRay premieres of the PUPPET MASTER and SUBSPECIES series), TRANCERS arrives with a glorious new HD master straight from the original camera negative. As such, this galaxy-grappling great has never looked better - and arrives on British shelves with some suitably out-of-this-world extra features. Perhaps most curious, for fans of Jack Deth's numerous jaunts, is the inclusion of TRANCERS: CITY OF LOST ANGELS - the lost half hour follow-up that Band directed in 1988, three years before his 'official' TRANCERS II (1991). Produced as part of an abandoned anthology film (entitled PULSE POUNDERS) both Tim Thomerson and Helen Hunt return for CITY OF LOST ANGELS - making its inclusion on the 88 Films release of TRANCERS all the more rewarding. Also known as TRANCERS 1.5 - such a remarkable oddity is sure to further delight fans of Full Moon Entertainment.

The full specs for TRANCERS, which arrives on November 24th, are listed below:

· Newly transferred and restored in HD from the Original Camera Negative

· Newly Created 5.1 DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Sound Remix

· Original DTS-HD MA Stereo Soundtrack Option

· Trancers: City of Lost Angels (Pulse Pounders Episode believe lost for 25 years and now finally restored and completed)

· Flashback Weekend Trancers: City of Lost Angels Premiere Documentary

· Cybercrime: The Making Of Trancers Documentary. Featuring Director Charles Band, Jack Deth actor Tim Thomerson and writers Danny Bilson and Paul de Meo

· Feature length Audio Commentary by Director Charles Band and star Tim Thomerson

· Rare Archive interviews with Tim Thomerson, Megan Ward and Helen Hunt

· High Definition Stills Gallery

· Trailers for Trancers 1-5

· 88 Trailer Reel

· Booklet Notes by Dr. Calum Waddell

· Newly commissioned artwork by Rick Melton

· Reversible Sleeve Incorporating Original Artwork

Name:	10694416_951658521517424_3119141144908491525_o.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	347128
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Top tits! I love this film despite its awfullness!
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

And now, part II!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I bought the US BD (couldn't find the UK release for a reasonable price - HMV are selling it for £7-99, apparently, but not in my local store and online etailers seem to be asking >£15 for it) and fell in love with the film all over again. I hadn't seen the film in full since it was shown on Moviedrome in the late 1980s. It's such a fun little picture, with some excellent dialogue - and very nicely shot, too.

Going to listen to the commentary when I have some free time.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Now up for pre-order...

Name:	CTtIl67XAAAZr9b.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	349422
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming 10/11/22.

Name:	287364807_1692997964376749_3567876578144089887_n.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	395279
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can't wait to see if Charlie adds a Full Moon # number to the end credits. That will look great in 4k.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                      Going to listen to the commentary when I have some free time.
                      Ugh, what a disappointing commentary it is. Band acts like a moron and provides no useful info. I remember at one point, Thomerson says something like "well, you're the one who directed it...".

Ever since the commentary, I don't know if I even believe that Band really directed it. It's much better than anything else he's directed, so at the very least I think he got lots of help.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Ugh, what a disappointing commentary it is. Band acts like a moron and provides no useful info. I remember at one point, Thomerson says something like "well, you're the one who directed it...".

Ever since the commentary, I don't know if I even believe that Band really directed it. It's much better than anything else he's directed, so at the very least I think he got lots of help.
                        I watched the John Carpenter part of his podcast on Youtube. He can't recall anything there either, as opposed to Carpenter who's still sharp as ever, despite looking like the Crypt Keeper these days.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                        X