The Matador... Pierce Brosnan is rad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Matador... Pierce Brosnan is rad?

Anyone else see this? More importantly, anyone else enjoy it? I watched it last night after putting it off for a while (sorry Vivendi PR guys) but it turned out to be a pretty nice surprise. Brosnan plays a hitman who wines and dines the ladies, a sauve guy with a bit of a bumbling drunken side to him who, during a stint in Mexico, befriends a slightly nerdy sales type guy whose had a string of bad luck over the last few years.

They hit it off, and then Brosnan's character starts to lose his touch. It gets semi-interesting from there.

Some good black comedy in this one, a nice (if semi-predictable) twist at the end, and some interesting character development. I enjoyed this one quite a bit more than I thought I would.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Sounds interesting. I liked Brosnan in Mrs. Doubtfire, but hated his Bond movies, so I'd be interested in another good one of his.
    One of my favorite Steve McQueen movies is The Hunter, 'cause he's older and can't quite do what he used to. They even have him driving poorly. haha Good stuff.
    Plus, they both played Thomas Crown!!

Comment

You're right, they did.

It's kind of interesting to see him in this role. He's still a bit of a pretty boy but not untouchably so and he's showing his age a bit here.

The film also makes great use of The Cramps' Garbageman, so it's got that going for it too.

And it has a gratuitous cameo from a shark.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah I saw it a few (couple?) years ago and really enjoyed it too. Much more so than I thought. He fucks young boys too doesn't he? He was great in that role.

Comment

What? It just came out on BD/DVD in Dec. and was in theaters before that.

No boy fucking either. You're reading something odd into this.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Matador-Widesc...6600111&sr=1-1

I thought there was a scene where he comes out of a whore house and its obvious he was screwing a male in there.

Comment

I don't remember that but I did get up and grab a beer once or twice, so maybe I missed it.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

its real quick if I remember right and its subtle. So it looks like just the BD was released recently.

Comment

Yeah, I guess you're right, and IMDB says 2005. I thought it was more recent then that, because I remember seeing the trailer for it, but in hindsight it was probably on some other Vivendi DVD recently and I must have assumed it was newer than it is.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

dummy

Comment

Working...
                    X