Is Danny Dyer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Danny Dyer....

A genius, AKA a master of acting as himself in a series of films, and the world's best at trolling/pranking filmwatchers, or is he just so complete rubbish that one only thinks that he is self-aware and pulling ones leg?

I still like him though. God knows he really comes of as totally clueless about how he appears to his audience though. Or does he?

What do you think?

Is Danny Dyer a shite actor that thinks he is good, or is he a shite actor that knows he is rubbish yet plays along for the hell of it?

I am leaning towards option two, as every shite film I see with him gives me the impression that he is totally self aware of his cockney-geezer sillyness and does it partially tongue in cheek.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danny-Dyer-at-the-Run-for-010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	346361

This is Danny, so you know who Im on about.

Comment

Its impossible for me to not think of Mark Kermode's impression of Dyer whenever his name is mentioned.

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

That is the best Danny Dyer impression I've ever seen!

Comment

This, of course, is pure comedy gold - very strong language from start to finish:

Riding the High Country - My Movie Blog

Comment

It still boggles my mind that Harold Pinter was a big supporter of Dyer in his early theatre career. It boggles my mind even further that Dyer could ever have performed on a stage. I always just assumed that his performances were assembled from the least odious bits of numerous takes in the editing room.

Harold Pinter was a fucking genius, what the hell did he see in Danny Dyer? Is Dyer somehow just really charming and personable in real life? I don't get it.

Comment

I turned the telly on late last night and channel-surfed before discovered a bizarre sight: Danny Fackin' Dyer, on the London-set soap opera EASTENDERS, sitting at a breakfast table wearing a pink, frilly woman's dressing down.

In the words of Danny Dyer, 'ere's a fackin' photograph, you fackin' nonces:
              Paul L
              Scholar of Sleaze
              Last edited by Paul L; 05-24-2014, 05:44 AM.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Eastenders is the right forum for Danny. Noone is more cockney geezer then him!

Comment

For better or worse, the Eastenders gig will mean he won't be in any more films for a while.

Comment

As much as I hate Danny, I still do enjoy his films, oddly enough.

Comment

I think I've only seen two of his movies, he doesn't seem to be as popular here as he is in Europe.

In both movies he seemed to play the same character. Kinda like how Statham does, except sort of a low brow version.

Is this common for him?
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yes. Danny Dyer plays himself in every role. Or at least some kind of public image/twat version of himself.

I must also recommend his "documentary" TV-series about Hooligans around the World. Every episode had Danny standing around looking scared/confused in some Place that was not London (Belgrade, Istanbul, Rome, Buenos Aires or wherever) and saying that these people here, are the most fierce hooligans he has EVER encountered. Top class Entertainment!

Comment

Check this shiz out:

'Fackin' natters. Natters!'
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

0:50! Check out the walking style of the Dyer! SWAGGER!!!!

Comment

Re: Is Danny Dyer....

He had a shortlived second career as an agony aunt for a magazine. His advice here killed that one dead though....

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1400941547206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	346363
                              Let's just get high and fuck some sluts

Comment

Working...
                              X