Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	365148

Release Date: 18 August 2014
    Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
    Starring: Burt Lancaster, Hume Croyn, Charles Bickford
    Directed by: Jules Dassin

NOBODY REALLY ESCAPES

Before making the French crime classic Rififi, Jules Dassin was arguably the greatest of film noir directors, responsible for a string of gems including The Naked City, Thieves' Highway and Night and the City. Brute Force kickstarted that run of pictures and never did a film live up to its name more.

Burt Lancaster is Joe Collins, one of a number of convicts squeezed into cell R17 intent on staging a prison break. Not only does he need to return to the side of his cancer-ridden wife (Ann Blyth), he also wants to escape the clutches of sadistic warden Captain Munsey (an unforgettable performance from Hume Cronyn) who enjoys a reign of terror over the inmates.

Beautifully shot by the great William H. Daniels, tautly written by Richard Brooks (Blackboard Jungle, In Cold Blood) and impeccably acted by its ensemble of noir familiars, Brute Force remains a prison movie classic.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

High definition digital transfer
    Newly created and exclusive content
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork to be revealed!
    Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film and more!
    More to be revealed closer to the release date

Region: B
    Rating: TBC
    Cat No: FCD968
    Duration:TBC
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English
    Aspect Ratio: TBC
    Audio: TBC
    Colour: Colour
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Looking forward to seeing this on BD. This is one of the great prison films and has some superb photography.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Extras!

Release Date: 18 August 2014
      Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD
      Starring: Burt Lancaster, Hume Croyn, Charles Bickford
      Directed by: Jules Dassin

NOBODY REALLY ESCAPES

Before making the French crime classic Rififi, Jules Dassin was arguably the greatest of film noir directors, responsible for a string of gems including The Naked City, Thieves' Highway and Night and the City. Brute Force kickstarted that run of pictures and never did a film live up to its name more.

Burt Lancaster is Joe Collins, one of a number of convicts squeezed into cell R17 intent on staging a prison break. Not only does he need to return to the side of his cancer-ridden wife (Ann Blyth), he also wants to escape the clutches of sadistic warden Captain Munsey (an unforgettable performance from Hume Cronyn) who enjoys a reign of terror over the inmates.

Beautifully shot by the great William H. Daniels, tautly written by Richard Brooks (Blackboard Jungle, In Cold Blood) and impeccably acted by its ensemble of noir familiars, Brute Force remains a prison movie classic.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

New High Definition digital transferof the film
      High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
      Original mono 1.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
      Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
      Burt Lancaster: The Film Noir Years - an in-depth look at the actor's early career by Kate Buford, author of Burt Lancaster: An American Life
      Theatrical trailer
      Stills gallery
      Reversible sleeve featuring the original poster and newly commissioned artwork by Reinhard Kleist
      Collector's booklet containing new writing on the film by Frank Krutnik, author of In a Lonely Place: Film Noir, Genre, Masculinity, and Swell Guy, an obituary of Brute Force's producer, Mark Hellinger, by its screenwriter, Richard Brooks, illustrated with original stills

Click image for larger version

Name:	BrJd4n7IgAAXhEV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	346561
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I got this on Saturday. I've only had the chance to dip into it so far, but from what I've seen it's a stunning package. I'm massively impressed with it. I'm looking forward to Arrow's NAKED CITY Blu-ray now.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
        X