Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Beloved Musicals Debut In Blu-ray Collection May 6 From Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodgers & Hammerstein's Beloved Musicals Debut In Blu-ray Collection May 6 From Fox

Press release!

THE RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN'S BELOVED MUSICALS DEBUT IN BLU-RAY COLLECTOR'S SET MAY 6

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Legacy Lives on with Exclusive Blu-ray Collection Featuring The Team's Six Most Iconic Movie Musicals!

Oklahoma! and The King and I to Celebrate 60th Anniversaries with Stand-Alone Blu-ray Releases

LOS ANGELES, CA (April 9, 2014) - Songwriting team Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II brought melodies and words to life in some of the most iconic movie musicals of the 20th Century, and now Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment plans to bring that magic home with The Rodgers & Hammerstein Blu-ray Collection on May 6. This Amazon-exclusive collection will feature six of the 15-time Academy Awardâ„¢- winning movie musicals by the Oscarâ„¢- Tonyâ„¢- Pulitzerâ„¢- Grammyâ„¢- Emmyâ„¢-Award-winning team of Rodgers & Hammerstein, including Best Picture winner The Sound of Music, Oklahoma!, The King and I, South Pacific, State Fair and Carousel.

The set features brand new 4K digital restorations of The King and I and Carousel, the only two films made in CinemaScope55, and Oklahoma! meticulously restored in 4K from 8K scans of 65mm Todd-AO film elements in its original road show version at the unusual original frame rate of 30 frames per second.

Bonus materials include a Sing-A-Long version of The King and I for die-hard musical theatre lovers and more than an hour of behind-the-scenes features for Oklahoma!.

Fox will release Oklahoma! and The King and I in stand-alone Blu-ray and DVD combo packs October 7 in commemoration of their 60th anniversaries in 2015 and 2016 respectively.

The restored version of Oklahoma! will open the TCM Classic Film Festival at Hollywood's TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX® on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.

ABOUT RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN
    After distinguished careers with other collaborators, composer Richard Rodgers (1902 -79) and lyricist/librettist Oscar Hammerstein II (1895-1960) joined forces in 1942 to create the most successful partnership in the American musical theatre. Their output included OKLAHOMA! (Broadway premiere, 1943), CAROUSEL (1945), the movie STATE FAIR (1945; remade 1962; Broadway premiere, 1996), ALLEGRO (1947), SOUTH PACIFIC (1949), THE KING AND I (1951), ME AND JULIET (1953), PIPE DREAM (1955), the TV musical CINDERELLA (1957; remade 1965, 1997; Broadway premiere, 2013); FLOWER DRUM SONG (1958) and THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1959). To date, the Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals have received several dozen major awards, including Pulitzers, Tonys, Oscars, Grammys, and Emmys. Learn more about Rodgers & Hammerstein at www.rnh.com. Find Rodgers & Hammerstein and The Sound Of Music on Facebook, and follow @rnh_org and @SoundOfMusic on Twitter.

ABOUT TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT
    Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-rayâ„¢ and Digital HDâ„¢. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	365093

Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	365094
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I already have The Sound Of Music but I'll cop to liking The King & I a lot and filled with enough beer I bet I could get into Oklahoma something fierce.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
    X