ELephant White - 2011 Kevin Bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELephant White - 2011 Kevin Bacon

By coincidence was reading over on the Tony Jaa / Dolph Lundgren moive thread about htis movie from Ong Bak director Prachya Pinkaew his first stab at the English language market....and I happened to flick on the tv and it had just started on cable.....lucky me?

The main actor is Djimon Hounsou.who was in Gladiator and Amistad to name a few...but I use the term "actor " VERY loosely in this movie as the direcot has NO IDEA how to utilize his actors

It concerns a mercenery hired by a businessman to avenge the murder of his daughter by white slave traders in Thailand. Now, child slavery /prostitution / trafficking is a serious problem in this part of the world and there are lots of good movies utilising this plot as a starting point...this movie is NOT one of them.

Seriously, the acting, editing, direction is ALL below anything I have seen for a long time. Kevin Bacon sports the WORST English accent I have EVER heard...more Australian sounding to me than English...WTF is he doing in this movie?...XMEN pretty much saved his ass if THIS was the direction his career was going in!!!...and the 'twist' you can see coming a mile off...The FEW action scenes in this one are actually not bad....but they are lost in a movie of gigantic ineptness.....

A disappointment from the ONG BAK team....

Yeah, I rented this when it was released on DVD here. It was, as you say, very sub-par even for a DTV film. The actors were given nothing to do and the film just reeked of cheapness. Classic Millenium/Nu Image filmmaking. The plot etc could have been a great DTV actioner if left in competent hands, but sadly that was not the case.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
    X