X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Hard to decide who was the bigger prick in that situation (unless Rock didn't know it was due to a medical condition), but Will Smith is a smug fuck anyway so I hope it sours his little victory. He laughed at it until he saw his wife's reaction. Pussywhipped motherfucker, except she's not even giving him any...

Personally, if I were going to defend someone, I probably wouldn't bother after I'd found out they were repeatedly fucking their son's best friend. Not creepy at all.
    agent999
    Last edited by agent999; 03-28-2022, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    So I guess Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at The Oscars last night.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rock-at-oscars

Leave a comment:

• Nolando

• Nolando
    replied
    I liked the Oscar acceptance speech Ving Rhames made for that movie. "Fuck Adrian Brody!"

Leave a comment:

• Mike Howlett

• Mike Howlett
    replied
    Oh dear, once again I have not seen ANY nominated films. But then, unless MACHETE or PIRANHA 3D were up for something, I'd be shit out of luck, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Tom D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    They upped the Best Picture category to 10 last year, didn't they?
    Indeed they did.

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Yes.

The only two with any nominations that I've seen are Toy Story 3 and Alice in Wonderland.

My vote goes to Toy Story 3.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    They upped the Best Picture category to 10 last year, didn't they?

Leave a comment:

• paul h.
    woly boly

• paul h.
    replied
    Are there usually so many nominees for Best Picture? All other categories seem to be limited to five nominees or less, but there's eleven nominees for Best Picture. Seems unusual.

When I said eleven, I meant ten, which is almost eleven. Anyhow, isn't it usually just five? Has the cheese slid off of my cracker?

I too am glad to see Winter's Bone mentioned.
    paul h.
    woly boly
    Last edited by paul h.; 01-25-2011, 10:28 PM. Reason: I can't type. Or count apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Tom D.
    replied
    Howdy!

Leave a comment:

• Todd Jordan
    Smut is good.

• Todd Jordan
    replied
    Hey Tom! Nice to read you!

Leave a comment:

• Tom D.
    replied
    I'm happy to see some noms for Winter's Bone.

Ian....I've only seen one of the nominated movies. Please see above.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I actually thought Zodiac was pretty well done and probably the best of his films from a storytelling perspective. I knwo the Social Network was beloved this year, but I don't really care enough to go out of my way to see it.

I haven't seen a single one of the best picture nominees this year (I have Inception but haven't watched it yet).

Leave a comment:

• Nolando

• Nolando
    started a topic Oscars, anyone?

Oscars, anyone?

The list of nominees is out now. And, again, I've seen only a tiny percentage of the nominations.

Part of me really, really does not want to see The Social Network. Something about it just irritates me but I can't say, exactly, what that is. Maybe it's Fincher? I mean, it's like Ridley Scott getting praised for narrative capability - just plain ridiculous. Fincher got lucky with Fight Club, Seven was very pretty garbage, and I haven't seen Zodiac. But I could crap on a cracker and, in doing so, tell a story better than David Fincher. Sheesh.

Did catch The King's Speech the other night (review coming shortly) and can see why critics are messing themselves over it. And am going to catch Black Swan this week which my buddy John described as "Bunuel meets Argento."
Working...
X