No announcement yet.

Oscars, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually have one or two nominated films that I am sort of looking forward to seeing, but this year I am totally uninterested in pretty much all of them. Maybe the Japanese one, but that is just a maybe.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Heard nothing but good things about Drive My Car. And any PTA is a good time at the movies.

Smith is a self-important douche.

Comment

Oh and Kristin Stewart looked real hot and she's not even my type.

Comment

I rarely see any movies that feature Will Smith. He's never really appeared in the types of movies I like. That was one awesome, crazy moment to see on live TV (wish the audio didn't get cut).

I thought the girl who won for WEST SIDE STORY was really sexy.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
            I rarely see any movies that feature Will Smith. He's never really appeared in the types of movies I like. That was one awesome, crazy moment to see on live TV (wish the audio didn't get cut).
            I didn't see it live but the compensation for that was that when I did see it it had audio. Fucking insane. I thought the slap was a scripted gag until Smith started yelling. Kind of stunned at the number of people defending him.

Disappointing selection of films this year. Parasite's win is already feeling a long time ago and the Academy is very definitely back to business as usual.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Just reading about the Fan Favourite Oscars vote. New information to me. A Snyder victory for that feels somehow inevitable. It's funny, Snyder seems decent enough himself (much as I might detest most of his filmography) but his films appear to be a new rallying point for a certain type of angry, young male. I'd be nervous of that fan base if I was him.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The Snyder awards were hilarious.

The whole show was a complete carwreck. I record award shows to fast forward through the boring bits and in the hope that someone embarrasses themself and this one was a goldmine. Glad I decided to watch it live this time.

Comment

For sure. Lupita Nyong'o was also SuperFine.

Smith does either mediocre action films or mediocre Oscar Bait movies.

Comment

In case you aren't aware, The Guardian has the uncensored audio.

Comment

There were few surprises (I predicted 21 of 23 correctly), but I was still happy to see DRIVE MY CAR win best International Film, Jane Campion for Director and the Troy Kotsur acceptance was touching -- and, still my preference was others to win those categories. It was that kind of year for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                        Heard nothing but good things about Drive My Car.
                        great movie! that "sweet, dude" tattoo scene with ashton kutcher and stifler is my favorite moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                          Oh and Kristin Stewart looked real hot and she's not even my type.
                          When she's not dressing like a smelly hobo she's actually fine as fuck. I also love that she's doing tons of film nudity these days. KStew's a good egg.

As for the show itself, the Oscars used to be a yearly event for me back in the day. I'd stock up on mountains of candy/potato chips, call in sick from school to watch it and would be really invested in who was nominated and who was gonna win but gradually it started to drag on and on and on in running time. Finally I stopped watching. Nowadays movies are dead. Made by dipshits not even being subtle about what current agendas are to be pushed. Occasionally something good gets made but mostly everything sucks. This years nominated films were all completely uninteresting except for Tick, Tick... Boom! I did genuinely enjoy that one and I think Garfield was robbed of a well deserved Oscar. He knocked that shit out of the park.

Finally, of course the slap was staged. These people are actors and their whole lives revolve around image and the maintenance of it. One would definitely not go off over such an innocent, obviously joking comment. Ratings have been suffering a lot lately so they needed something for it to go viral. It's Hollywood. Everything is fake.
                          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post

Finally, of course the slap was staged. These people are actors and their whole lives revolve around image and the maintenance of it.
                            That last sentence. Will has done his image no good at all. He was the rapper who doesn't swear. Now he's the deranged nut job shouting obscenities at awards shows. He's a real team player if he's going to take that kind of hit for the sake of the academies ratings.

Comment

Working...
                            X