Does anyone have...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have...???

Here's a little thing I attempted last time 'round, only then it went down like a fish milkshake. So, we try again and see how we go.

I've always thought it'd be handy to have a thread where people can ask each other if they have a film on DVD or BD and how it is on that format? I know there's a lot of review sites out there...but do we really know those people? Do we trust them? Or are they just pulling our legs for shits and giggles? Thus...why not ask people we know? :)

First up: does anyone have either the Dragon Dynasty BD of An Empress and the Warriors, or the Lionsgate BD of Universal Soldier?

Been thinking about both, but can't seem to find much on either (apart from the Chinese film not having lossless audio, but I can live with that as the DD version is the cheapest uncut one available).

I thank you... :thomason:

I've got the Universal Soldier Blu-ray.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think you're supposed to comment on the quality, Einstein.

Comment

Right, but I can't do that as I haven't watched it yet. I just got it.

I'll give it a review with screen caps and stuff later this week.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh. Sorry.

Comment

I recommend that you answer my email then. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Right, but I can't do that as I haven't watched it yet. I just got it.

I'll give it a review with screen caps and stuff later this week.
              Well, that's going to save me a lot hassle then, hey? W00t! :thomason:

Comment

Can we get back to the original topic...fish milkshakes?

Comment

Hey Ian! Here's one for you: you asked about a decent version of Encounters of the Spooky Kind? Here's some random (un-Photoshopped) screenshots from the Fortune Star remaster previously available through IVL, now on the Joy Sales label...

Comment

And from the movie...

...the Aussie HKL disc should be exactly the same, as they used the FS master. However, I've noticed pretty much all of the HKL discs are interlaced. :(
                    Last edited by Mike T; 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Looks much, much better than my shitty old non-anamorphic disc.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The good thing about the HK disc was that it was progressive as well. But as I noted, it seems to be listed as either Out of Stock or Out of Print at most of the online HK retailers at present. It appears that Kam & Ronson have obtained the rights to the Fortune Star catalogue, and are releasing titles virtually as soon as the previous editions go OOP with their current distributor (Joy Sales, in this case). The good upshot of that is that Kam are releasing their FS titles on Blu-ray (sadly for me, all Region A). Thus, I'll keep an eye out amongst the HK retailers and let you know as soon as the BD becomes available. ;)

Comment

That doesn't look spooky at all.

Comment

Is worth Bruce Lee's Way of the Dragon worth getting, if I didn't mind The Big Boss and Fist of Fury?
                            Reason I ask is that I've found the HKL 2-disc SE cheaper than chips...but the film has never really grabbed my attention.
                            I guess it's my perceived belief the film has a lack of boobage and gore that was present in all the other Lee films...

Comment

You've never seen it? Way of the Dragon is my favorite of his films! :bruce:
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                              X