Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So importcds.com is not the cheapest place to buy dvds anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So importcds.com is not the cheapest place to buy dvds anymore?

Anyone else notice their prices on all genre dvds went up more than 20%.
    Can someone recommend a good place that is the cheapest?

Re: So importcds.com is not the cheapest place to buy dvds anymore?

Yeah I've noticed that too... been looking round and some stuff on dvdplanet.com is cheaper, although i've not used them so don't know how good they are
    Gav M
    Last edited by Gav M; 01-14-2014, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Deep Discount still has some good prices right now.

Edit:

Crap, I just put in an order. I was going to try to limit myself this month, oh well.

Blu-ray:
      Sweetwater (2013) - $13
      Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet (2009) - $16
      The Web of Death (1976) - $8

DVD:
      Showgirls 2: Penny's From Heaven (2011) - $10
      Dangerous Beauties Collection [Malibu High (1979)/Hustler Squad] (1976) - $13
      Mannaja: A Man Called Blade (1977) - $8
      Peekarama - Big 2 Unit Show! [Abduction of an American Playgirl (1975)/Winter Heat (1976)] - $13
      Jason C
      Last edited by Jason C; 01-14-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

anybody knows what happened to them? they used to be my number one place for importing blu-rays and dvds (I'm not from the US) but their prices went through the roof on pretty much every title in 2014! why bother with their shitty customer service and canceled orders, when I can buy literally anything for the same price on amazon?

additionally I currently get 4 mails for every order I placed - 2 for "order acknowledgment" and 2 for "shipping information" from two different e-mail accounts (help@importcds.com; importcds(@)sdcd.com). :cuckoo:
        killer must kill again
        Last edited by killer must kill again; 02-23-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Seems like Deepdiscountdvd which is owned by the same company has the cheaper prices, there is also dvdplanet which are not bad.

Comment

nah, deepdiscount and dvdplanet are basically the same (prices). dvdpacific.com is my "new favourite"!

Comment

I used to use dvdpacific many years ago, till they had that security breach and then went tits up before being bought out by another company. What's their service like at the moment? Is their site secure?
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

dvdpacific seems like more cheaper prices, I used to use them quite often. I'll try and order from them this week see how they are now, I see Scorpion titles are far cheapest there.

Comment

used them a few times over the last year and never had any problems. shipping to europe: 4-12 days.
                  the only weird thing is that you can't create your own account.

Comment

Thanks, fellas. I might give them another chance, based on your comments.
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Pacific have an annoying tendency to just cancel your order without telling you if they haven't located the items within a certain number of days, but beside that I have had no problem with them (except they don't seem to be costume friendly at the moment, but that's a whole other issue).

Comment

I've been using DVDworldUSA to import my discs to uk. They cut out potential customs charges and any extra costs that may incur with importing. Negative side is that their prices are no less than Amazon, but the last item I received within a week, which is good going from the US to UK. They are Florida based but have offices in UK. I guess only useful for UK peeps on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X