TO 4K OR NOT TO 4K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
    Honestly I still don't see that much of a difference between 480P and 1080P still.
    Me either. When I do notice the difference I'm impressed. Then if it's a good movie I forgot about it entirely. I've been working on audio this week on my movie so I've had to have the film almost playing on a loop. I've watched it in every format from 1080p 4:4:4 to 700mb avi. Doesn't matter what the format is it's the exact same movie everytime.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

but 6k cameras are selling well at the moment
      To be fair, there are reasons to want a higher res camera than your eventual output. Like, let's say you've shot an actor in midshot, but in editing, you don't like it and wish it was a close up. Well, you could just crop and zoom your shot, except than it will be at much worse resolution... unless your camera is already shooting higher than you need. Then you do the zoom thing and still have a fully 4k film for projection. And even if you're not turning wider shots into close-ups, many filmmakers might want to zoom/crop a bit, just to tighten the frame, or cut out some awkward background thing they just noticed.

Comment

Oh yeah I dont think anyones is looking at 6k distribution yet and I dont think even 4k is being used with 4k release in mind by most for the moment. But you can be sure that when samsung feels 4k tv sales are slowing they will be assuring us we need 6 or 8k.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

They seems nice, I'm waiting on them to become standard and lower price before I buy. I appreciate a nice TV, I own 2 Panasonic plasma sets primarily because I'm a gamer and I want low latency. true LED technology seems nice also.
          do yourself a favor and click this...

Comment

Working...
          X