No announcement yet.

Aranofsky's NOAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The studio brave enough to do that?...To raise the ire of the Christian fundamentalists ....

I will be VERY surprised if this turns out to be anything else than a Gladiator style CGI-ing of the bible story...
    sukebanboy
    Last edited by sukebanboy; 02-26-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

No interest at all in the movie but the comic so far is pretty good.

And Sukebanboy, in this country is ok to bash Christians. It all other religions that are off limits, or so it seems.

Comment

Are they gonna leave in the part where Noah gets wrecked, passes out, and his grandson molests him?

http://epistle.us/hbarticles/secrets.html

Comment

^ I was wondering the same thing. And don't forget the part where Noah endosrses slavery.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

It seems like life in the times of the Old Testament was a LITTLE less PC than it is today!!!

Or maybe it is these points that interested Aronososkfoffoy to make the movie in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
              The studio brave enough to do that?...To raise the ire of the Christian fundamentalists ....

I will be VERY surprised if this turns out to be anything else than a Gladiator style CGI-ing of the bible story...
              They just need them to show up on the opening weekend.

I really don't think there is going to be anything too controversial in the film, it just that the marketing seems to be hiding the 6-armed giants and fallen angels.
              Derrick King
              Waterfall Puncher
              Last edited by Derrick King; 02-26-2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Darren Aronofsky Knew Nothing About Paramount's Last-Minute 'Noah' Changes

http://www.thewrap.com/darren-aronof...noah-marketing

Comment

After reading a (slightly earlier) draft of the script...I can see that this is NOT the normal NOAH story....

Here is a hint of what it si MORE LIKELY to be...

It is no secret that Aronofsky set out to make a political propaganda piece for environmentalism. He said so himself to entertainment reporters:
                  “It's about environmental apocalypse which is the biggest theme, for me, right now for what's going on on this planet. So I think it's got these big, big themes that connect with us. Noah was the first environmentalist.”
                  Noah the environmentalist....saving the animals and leaving humans to die....

Comment

This just appeals less and less to me.
                    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I'm almost through the graphic novel (which looks like it's just storyboards really). Its decent enough, feels more like a sword and sandal movie than a bible one. I havent ewven seen the mention of God by name. Just "the creator". Pretty sure he's mentioned on like every page in the bible.

I think I can be satisfied with the comic. I can add my own over the top score and CG tomfoolery in my head.

The six armed beasts are pretty cool though. I don;t think they made the ark since we don't see them around.

Comment

Anyone see this yet? Good or bad?
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                        X