No announcement yet.

John Waters' Films Coming To Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's all over that Andy Warhol Diaries on Netflix as well.

Comment

Baltimore Director John Waters Is Getting A Star On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/...-walk-of-fame/
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hah, that's going to be a dog shit magnet.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Haha, brilliant...
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            Religious groups probably won't complain about shit eating.
            The New York Catholic Diocese has never threatened to destroy Warner Brothers over shit-eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              A poster over at the Blu-ray.com forum said he went to see John Waters' Christmas show and he said that Criterion might be releasing Pink Flamingos.
              I wonder if this release includes his 2015 film Kiddie Flamingos. Would love to see this.

Comment

It isn't listed on the release.

Comment

Yeah, it isn't on there. Here are the extras:
                  • Two audio commentaries featuring Waters, from the 1997 Criterion laserdisc and the 2001 DVD release
                  • Divine Trash documentary (1:37:19)
                  • New conversation between Waters and filmmaker Jim Jarmusch (30:20)
                  • Tour of the film’s Baltimore locations, led by Waters (22:24)
                  • Deleted scenes, alternate takes, and on-set footage (13:32)
                  • Outtakes (15:03)
                  • Trailer (2:08)
                  PLUS: An essay by critic Howard Hampton and a piece by actor and author Cookie Mueller about the making of the film, from her 1990 book Walking Through Clear Water in a Pool Painted Black

Comment

I know it's only July, but I think PINK FLAMINGOS may be the release of the year. You'll see why.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      I know it's only July, but I think PINK FLAMINGOS may be the release of the year. You'll see why.
                      I'm impatiently awaiting the UK release in a few weeks time.

Comment

I'm impatiently awaiting the UK release in a few weeks time.
                        Is the UK version going to be fully uncut?

I hadn't watched this flick in probably 15 years and the chicken scene was even more shocking than I remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Is the UK version going to be fully uncut?

I hadn't watched this flick in probably 15 years and the chicken scene was even more shocking than I remembered.
                          Yes, it was recently passed uncut. Amazing what they'll do if someone like Criterion comes along.

Even when it was butchered by the BBFC, I had a legitimate bought on the high street 18 labelled VHS release on a double bill with Female Trouble that was uncut, not sure if they used the wrong master or knew that there was little chance that the BBFC would ever find out. I subsequently bought a remastered VHS in the late 90's and that was still heavily cut by them, so my earlier tape was a real fluke.

Comment

The first time I saw FLAMINGOS was via a completely butchered Canadian VHS version; all of the major scenes were cut out except the dog shit scene was intact. Needless to say, it was a revelation when New Line put out that uncut VHS.

Comment

Yes, it was recently passed uncut. Amazing what they'll do if someone like Criterion comes along.

Even when it was butchered by the BBFC, I had a legitimate bought on the high street 18 labelled VHS release on a double bill with Female Trouble that was uncut, not sure if they used the wrong master or knew that there was little chance that the BBFC would ever find out. I subsequently bought a remastered VHS in the late 90's and that was still heavily cut by them, so my earlier tape was a real fluke.
                              Apparently it was passed uncut a couple years ago, but a disc release never happened.

Comment

It's incredible to see Pink Flamingos get a Criterion blu-ray release. Hopefully Desperate Living follows on the heels of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X