John Waters' Films Coming To Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Waters' Films Coming To Blu-ray

Out of all the Waters films that New Line/WB has, this is towards the bottom of my list but I'm happy to see at least one of his titles coming out.

Release date is 3/4/14.

Bring on Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I really like this one. i'd like to see a good uncut blu of Cry Baby out in this land as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
      I really like this one. i'd like to see a good uncut blu of Cry Baby out in this land as well.
      No solid details yet but Cry Baby is being released 7/1/14.

Eisenhower is President. Rock 'n' Roll is king. And Wade "Cry-Baby" Walker is the baddest hood in his high school. Johnny Depp heads up a supercool cast as the irresistible bad boy whose amazing ability to shed one single tear drives all the girls wild - especially Allison Vernon Williams (Amy Locane), a rich, beautiful "square" who finds herself uncontrollably drawn to the dreamy juvenile delinquent and his forbidden world of rockabilly music, fast cars and faster women. Directed by John Waters, Cry-Baby is an outrageous musical comedy that captures the hysterical high-throttle world of 1954.

Special Features:
      -Digital Copy of Cry-Baby (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
      -Includes UltraViolet (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
      -It Came From Baltimore
      -Deleted Scenes
      -Feature Commentary with Director John Waters
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I still wish The Cramps had been chosen to do the music. Would've been a wilder movie.

Comment

I have the 12" with those tracks on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
            I still wish The Cramps had been chosen to do the music. Would've been a wilder movie.
            Well y'know, People Ain't No Good.
            It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

I think that the current UK blu-ray is the cut one....I kinda want this one no matter what.

Comment

A poster on Blu-ray.com says this will be a port of the UK disc, so expect the PG-13 cut and hold onto your DVD just in case.

Would love to see some of the earlier New Line titles go Blu...
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Damn. I figured that was the way theyd do it.

Comment

The theatrical doesnt cut too much out, but most of what it does cut is Iggy. And thatpisses me off

Comment

Not Blu-ray related by Lincoln Center will be hosting a COMPLETE Waters retrospective (with all the shorts) in Sept.

http://www.filmlinc.com/daily/entry/...ln-center-2014
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man, that's awesome. I'd like to see more of his stuff on blu-ray as well, maybe this recognition will speed that up.

Comment

Marc Morris posted this on FB yesterday:

"The big news most people seem to have missed yesterday from John Waters was the fact that he is working on a new release of Multiple Maniacs and the music is currently being cleared."
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's interesting. Waters has said before that he's not interested in his earlier films.

Comment

If nobody will give you money to make a new movie might as well as do some work to preserve your legacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X