No announcement yet.

John Waters' Films Coming To Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably won't take long for someone to do a fandub. But dammit, I wish these kinds of things wouldn't happen with soundtracks. Glad I still have my vhs tape of MM.

Comment

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Due to the music situation, this release/version is dead to me.

Comment

FUCK. Goddamn "music rights"

Comment

Hm...maybe I'll start looking for a DVD rip of the VHS. A new "Jaunty rockabilly" soundtrack reminds me of the butcher job that the old Bruce Brown films got...you almost have to watch them with the volume muted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              Hm...maybe I'll start looking for a DVD rip of the VHS. A new "Jaunty rockabilly" soundtrack reminds me of the butcher job that the old Bruce Brown films got...you almost have to watch them with the volume muted.
              Just give it time. Once the Criterion Blu-ray is out, someone on Cinemageddon will probably make a composite using the VHS original audio.

Comment

Waters was at the Criterion offices yesterday filming new interview material for Pink Flamingos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DZ36amTX4AY5UPW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	354318
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  They should get The Cramps or someone to record a new soundtrack.

Comment

The Cramps recorded some music for Cry Baby that was rejected (but it was released on the All Women Are Bad EP if I remember correctly).

If Lux were still around, I could see Waters wanting to use them.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      The Cramps recorded some music for Cry Baby that was rejected (but it was released on the All Women Are Bad EP if I remember correctly).

If Lux were still around, I could see Waters wanting to use them.
                      I've got that 12" EP, Cry-Baby would have been a much stranger movie with that music, haha.

Comment

Stranger, but probably better.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I need this in my life.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRe...le_blu-ray.htm
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can't wait. The framing looks perfect.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Short interview with John Waters where he again confirms that Criterion is releasing Polyester next year and announces that Warner is releasing Pink Flamingos themselves
                              ...Criterion's doing Polyester next year. Warner Brothers called me yesterday. They're doing Pink Flamingos again. And who would've ever thought that Warner Brothers would distribute Pink Flamingos?

Comment

Warner's says NO to THE DEVILS but are fine with eating poodle shit.
                                Curious disconnect there.
                                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X