Click image for larger version

Name:	PIT_STOP_2D_BD_REV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	363766

Released: 31 Mar 2014

Starring: Brian Donlevy, Richard Davalos, Ellen Burstyn
    Directed by: Jack Hill

Overview: RAW GUTS FOR GLORY! FLESH AGAINST STEEL!

The most dangerous game ever devised, to pit man against man, flesh against steel - the figure-8 race! Jack Hill (Coffy, Foxy Brown) follows up Spider Baby, once again teaming up with Sid Haig (House of 1000 Corpses) in one of his greatest roles for this action-spectacular crash-o-rama!

Richard Davalos (East of Eden) stars as Rick Bowman, a street punk who winds up in jail after a street race goes wrong. Bailed out by race promoter Grant Willard, Davalos is put in the deadly track where he comes up against Haig's maniacal winner Hawk Sidney. Featuring an outstanding supporting cast including Brian Donlevy (The Quatermass Xperiment) in his last film appearance, Ellen Burstyn, billed as Ellen McRae (The Exorcist) and Beverly Washburn (Spider Baby) Pit Stop is one of Hill's lesser known films but arguably his greatest.

Filmed on a real figure-8 track, Hill and his crew were able to capture gripping real-life car wreck scenes lending the film a brilliant sense of realism. You've never seen a motion picture like this before - can you take it?

Special Features:
    -New high definition digital transfer
    -Newly commissioned artwork
    -Collector's booklet
    -More to be announced!

Region B/2
    RRP £24.99
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Nice!
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Full list of extras is as follows:

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

· New High Definition digital transfer supervised and approved by director Jack Hill

· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation

· Original mono 1.0 audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)

· New audio commentary with Jack Hill moderated by his biographer Calum Waddell

· Crash and Burn! - Jack Hill on the making of Pit Stop

· Drive Hard - actor Sid Haig speaks about his experience of acting in Pit Stop

· Life in the Fast Lane - producer Roger Corman on the genesis of Pit Stop

· Restoring Pit Stop - restoration demonstration by Technical Supervisor James White

· Theatrical trailer

· Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jay Shaw

· Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Glenn Kenny and musicologist and writer Gray Newell on the film's soundtrack, illustrated with original stills and artwork.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	345471
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched this last week (it was the first time I'd seen the film) and thought it a fantastic little picture. It's a sort of existentialist hot rod film, a companion piece of sorts to Monte Hellmann's TWO LANE BLACKTOP. There's some great hardboiled dialogue and a truly bitter worldview at the film's centre. The ending's a humdinger. This was a 'blind' buy for me, but it's one of the best new-to-me films I've seen in several years.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I got this too, need to delve into the extras yet but I like the movie quite a bit. You're right in that it is sort of existentialist. Arrow did a nice job on the transfer too.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Interesting, Arrow is releasing this in the US on August 18th. Back in March Code Red said they licensed this from Corman, so....

Comment

More interesting stuff about the Arrow US Pit Stop:
                Calum Waddell posted the following at the cult-labs forum

We never gave Arrow Video permission to use our extras on Pit Stop (USA) or our Nekromantik piece on the USA edition of this. In fact we have an email from Alex Agran confirming that he would not use our stuff on any foreign editions in future in exchange for a deal we made on Mark of the Devil.

I honoured this deal and just this week had Synapse ask for our stuff on Tenebrae and Phenomena. If I see our material on Pit Stop or Nekromantik then Synapse win big time.

Really offended by this treatment of us.

Comment

and Bill just posted this on the Code Red Facebook page
                  CODE RED makes a one time deal with Kino to release Roger Corman title PIT STOP (BLU) to the stores! Brand new 2014 HD Master 2014 from the original 35mm Camera Negatives! Includes interview Roger Corman and Sid Haig and hosted by Katariana Waters! Licensed from Roger's NEW HORIZON CORP!

Derrick King
                  Waterfall Puncher
                  Last edited by Derrick King; 05-01-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Is it too early to call this the most 'dramatic' even of the year?

Bill's timing is impeccable.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not sure but could this be another C block for Arrow ala BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, where they end up not being able to release a film in the US as planned?
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Is it too early to call this the most 'dramatic' even of the year?

Bill's timing is impeccable.
                        No. No its not. I'm hoping for maximum Bill nuttiness with this.

Comment

Jesus. Arrow has moved their release date up to July 7th and dropped the MSRP to $29.99. Your move Bill...

Comment

YES! Code Red has moved their PIT STOP Blu release date up a week to July 7th and has dropped the MSRP to $23. Your move Arrow.

Comment

Bill has the OCN though. Think I'm gonna go with his version. Also a big CR plus - no Waddy extras.

Comment

Working...
                              X