No announcement yet.

DIRTY HARRY and its sequels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A definite purchase come payday. Thanks.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
      Zane, last night I browsed through CITY OF BLOOD. It's almost a horror story. It really nails the DIRTY HARRY vibe. Start with this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9568[/ATTACH]
      Thanks for the recommendation, Richard. I will be getting these when I am able to, and start with this novel - the series looks great, and I've been in the mood for some pulp reading lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
        I think those two just impressed me with DEADFALL, which exceeded my expectations - I thought it was a good, noirish picture, albeit one that had some over-familiar elements. Both Hunnam and Bana were very good in their respective roles, I thought.

I still haven't seen the ROBOCOP remake, but regardless of what I've been hearing about the film itself, most people seem quite impressed with Kinnaman's performance.
        I have to see DEADFALL yet. I've heard other recommendations as well, so it looks like this one will go in the queue!

Kinnaman right now seems like kind of a dark horse; he's flying under the radar, but as I mentioned in the ROBOCOP thread, I think he'd be a decent action star. He sort of has the look and attitude, which will carry him a long way if he decides to pursue action films.

Comment

I haven't caught up with DEADFALL, either, but hope to soon.

Action films are different things today than they were in DIRTY HARRY's generation, and action stars are a different ball game as well.

The 1960s and 1970s type of action star and action film would still perform very well in today's market, however, providing the film was any good.
          "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
          - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Working...
          X