Segal. Rhames. Trejo - Force Of Execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segal. Rhames. Trejo - Force Of Execution

From the man who directed Maximum Conviction...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2611626/

""Force of Execution" is the story about a crime lord torn between his legacy and his desire to get out of the life of crime that has built his empire, when a new player to the scene tries to use the town anti-hero's network to climb to power. The only friend the crime lord has is his assassin protégé who has troubles of his own. An epic battle of under bosses and crime lords. Only one will come out alive."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

An epic battle of under bosses and crime lords.
    I hardly think so on THAT budget!

Comment

But with that cast, how can it not be?
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Press release!

Steven Seagal, Ving Rhames, Bren Foster and Danny Trejo star in an action-packed thriller about a war of honor...between criminals

STEVEN SEAGAL, VING RHAMES, BREN FOSTER AND DANNY TREJO STAR IN ANCHOR BAY FILMS' FORCE OF EXECUTION

Hitting The Mark on Blu-ray(TM)/DVD Combo and DVD December 17, 2013

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - For Mr. Alexander, crime was a business to be conducted with honor and respect. But, like the saying goes, "there is no honor among thieves." And when that honor is challenged and tested, much more than a reputation is at stake! With guns a-blazing, Anchor Bay Films announces the December 17th release of Force of Execution, starring action legends Steven Seagal ("True Justice," Maximum Conviction, Machete), Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction, the Mission: Impossible films), world champion martial arts superstar Bren Foster (Maximum Conviction) with Danny Trejo (Machete, Machete Kills, "Sons of Anarchy). SRP is $29.99 for the Blu-ray(TM)/DVD combo and $24.98 for the DVD, with November 20th for pre-book.

In the film directed by Keoni Waxman and written by Richard Beattie & Michael Black, Seagal stars as mob kingpin Mr. Alexander, an old-school boss who rules his criminal empire with both nobility and brutality. For a simple prison hit, he sends his best enforcer and protégé Roman Hurst (Foster). But when the hit goes wrong, Hurst is forced to pay the price of his "failure:" banishment in the city that he almost once ruled. But a war is brewing for the soul of the city between Alexander, a cold-blooded gangster known as 'The Iceman" (Rhames), and a merciless Mexican cartel. Hurst, with the help of an ex-con restaurant owner (Trejo) who has a few hidden moves of his own, will rediscover his own will to survive the coming conflict...and to wreak vengeance on those who have wronged him.

The lines have been drawn in the sand. The fuse is lit. And in a citywide massacre measured in pain, fear, and revenge, the ultimate power belongs to the FORCE OF EXECUTION.

About Anchor Bay Films:

Anchor Bay Films is a division of Anchor Bay Entertainment and provides quality distribution with operations in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and offers distribution capabilities in other key territories. Anchor Bay Films uniquely offers the creative community a fully integrated distribution capability on all platforms and an international solution extending beyond the United States. The company focuses on a platform release strategy for its films with an eye toward maximizing their potential across all ancillary distribution platforms. Upcoming theatrical releases include Billy Bob Thornton's Jayne Mansfield's Car starring Robert Duvall, John Hurt, Kevin Bacon and Ray Stevenson and Nothing Left to Fear, the first release from iconic rocker Slash's production company Slasher Films. Films in its library include the recent theatrical release of Rob Zombie's The Lords of Salem starring Sheri Moon Zombie, Bruce Davison and genre favorite Ken Foree, 10 Years starring Channing Tatum and Rosario Dawson, the critically-acclaimed comedy City Island starring Andy Garcia and Solitary Man starring Michael Douglas as well as Kill the Irishman starring Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, Val Kilmer and Christopher Walken, Toronto Film Festival award-winner Beautiful Boy with Maria Bello and Michael Sheen and Cannes 2011 premiere Corman's World. Anchor Bay Entertainment (www.anchorbayentertainment.com) is a Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) business, www.starz.com.

FORCE OF EXECUTION Blu-ray(TM)/DVD Combo
        Street date: December 17, 2013
        Pre-book: November 20, 2013
        Catalog #: BD60838
        UPC: 0 1313 26083-8 9
        Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
        SRP: $29.99
        Format: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)
        Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (Blu-ray(TM)) / Dolby Digital 5.1 (DVD)
        Run time: 99 minutes
        Rating: R

FORCE OF EXECUTION DVD
        Street date: December 17, 2013
        Pre-book: November 20, 2013
        Catalog #: AF60837
        UPC: 0 1313 26083-7 2
        Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
        SRP: $24.98
        Format: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)
        Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1
        Run time: 99 Minutes
        Rating: R

Click image for larger version

Name:	force of execution bd email 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	344417
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's an alternate trailer online here.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched this last night and enjoyed it a lot - though mostly for Seagal, Rhames and Trejo. Foster's a good onscreen fighter but a wet blanket as a lead character, I felt.

The production featurette on the UK Blu-ray is entertaining, with Rhames praising Seagal's improv skills, and Seagal saying that his character is a 'man who has done bad things for a bad government and decides to do bad things to bad people when he gets home' - or some equally tongue-tied, mealy-mouthed nonsense in which Big Steve seems intent on saying the word 'bad' as often as possible, until it loses all meaning I guess he's striving for a parallelism, but it doesn't work. Also, he waffles on about one of the assault rifles in the film being modelled on the gun he's currently 'using' - during his secret Spec Ops work for Putin?

There's some random mumbling from Big Steve in a great scene (for all the wrong reasons) in which he's showing off his gun collection to one of his associates in that weird accent he's developed for his screen roles over the past few years (which is present also in his reality television show but which, oddly, is completely absent in the production featurette on this disc): 'See this? This is that In-feen-ity ah was tellin' yoo abou'... See this, this is that here Fi'tty ah was tellin' yoo abou''. And there's another cracking scene in which he's discussing tactics with his men before Rhames' cats invade Seagal's palacious home: 'We gonna throw some shit down on them from here, an' when they return fire, we gonna hit 'em from this si-ade'.

Then, during the climax (an assault on Big Steve's home), Seagal for some reason wears a sand-coloured keffiyeh that, given the context, seems completely out of place - but I guess it's there to act as an index of the fact that this character is supposed to have been an experienced combat operative within the Middle East. (Or maybe Big Steve just likes playing dress-up with his acting buddies.) There's also a moment, comical as it is, in which Seagal switches his gun from one hand to another - he's ambidextrous with a trigger! He means business!

Another thing I've noticed during the past few Seagal movies is that, not only during fight scenes, even insignificant actions (such as Seagal standing from a seating position) feature cuts in the middle of shots to make it appear that Steve is moving faster than the eye can see.

And another thing. Trejo's character hires a lovely young woman named Karen to work in his restaurant, and at one point he tells Foster (for whom Karen seems a romantic match) that Karen's father is a similar age to him and thus Trejo sees Karen as a substitute daughter. I was expecting at the end of the film, based on this statement, that Karen would be Seagal's character's daughter (Seagal and Trejo are old buddies in the film, which alludes to past collaborations between the two actors). But no: this pretty young thing is Seagal's lover

In all, it's a fun film. I enjoyed it more than MAXIMUM CONVICTION, at least.
            Paul L
            Scholar of Sleaze
            Last edited by Paul L; 01-18-2015, 07:21 PM.
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I agree with most of what Paul says, though I feel Maximum Conviction is better then you give it credit for. Both these films are watchable and even enjoyable, something which clearly can not be said of the slew of Seagal films preceding these, in his DTV era.

Also, I wonder.... when and why did Steven Seagal start pretending to be a southerner in his films? I find it quite funny, I really do. But.... why?

Also, I might order this from amazon, as the Swedish release was VOD and rental DVD only, for some reason. Do they not understand that us Seagal-Conoisseurs need to own this shit?
              The Silly Swede
              Last edited by The Silly Swede; 01-18-2015, 07:23 PM.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                I agree with most of what Paul says, though I feel Maximum Conviction is better then you give it credit for. Both these films are watchable and even enjoyable, something which clearly can not be said of the slew of Seagal films preceding these, in his DTV era.

Also, I wonder.... when and why did Steven Seagal start pretending to be a southerner in his films? I find it quite funny, I really do. But.... why?
                I'm not an expert in US accents, but his accent in these films is all over the shop. He keeps up the accent in LAWMAN, which is supposedly a 'reality' show; but in interviews it's completely absent. I smell bs ;)

I thought this was the best of his DTV films since URBAN JUSTICE/RENEGADE JUSTICE, which I enjoyed immensely. (PISTOL WHIPPED was also very good, as I recall.)
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I agree with y'all. Really enjoyed this one a whole lot. I dig the Foster dude. Legit fighting talent and not totally without charisma.
                  https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Working...
                  X