Scorsese's The Wolf Of Wall Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorsese's The Wolf Of Wall Street

OK, Scorsese has once again put Leo in the lead for his latest, The Wolf Of Wall Street. John Favreau shows up here too, and Jonah Hill, Rob Reiner and Matthew McConaughy.

"In The Wolf of Wall Street DiCaprio would play Belfort, a Long Island penny stockbroker who served 20 months in prison for refusing to cooperate in a massive 1990s securities fraud case that involved widespread corruption on Wall Street and in the corporate banking world, including mob infiltration."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Why does Marty keep sabotaging his own movies by casting Leo?
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I like Scorcese's stuff, he's one of my favourites...but Leo AND financial scandals? Yawn.

Comment

I don't know. This looks interesting to me, and I'm growing to like DiCaprio a lot - something which back in the 1990s, I never thought I'd say. Then again, I never saw the recent turnaround in McConaughey's career coming either.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I don't even really have a problem with Leo...but he's not somebody I'm running out to see in the theatres, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            he's not somebody I'm running out to see in the theatres, either.
            I can buy that :) I honestly can't think of any current 'stars' who on their own would make me run out to the cinema to see a film. But both DiCaprio and McConaughey used to be little more than jokes who, in the past couple of years, have turned in some very good performances. (I loved McConaughey in KILLER JOE and even THE LINCOLN LAWYER, and I'm really looking forward to seeing MUD.)
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
              I can buy that :) I honestly can't think of any current 'stars' who on their own would make me run out to the cinema to see a film. But both DiCaprio and McConaughey used to be little more than jokes who, in the past couple of years, have turned in some very good performances. (I loved McConaughey in KILLER JOE and even THE LINCOLN LAWYER, and I'm really looking forward to seeing MUD.)
              I always dug McConnaughey, even in medicore stuff like Time To Kill. :)

Comment

Scorsese, meh. Haven't seen anything of his since that piece of shit, The Departed.
                Jonah Hill, definitely not.

Comment

yeah. Jonah Hill is blowin' my high.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                    yeah. Jonah Hill is blowin' my high.
                    Second billing, too. Jesus. Add in Ethan Suplee and that Walking Dead guy, and you've got a regular "Why the hell am I watching this?" cast.

Comment

I thought "this could be like a modern Wall Street" then I saw the trailer.... uh.... yeah I dunno. Maybe I wont Watch this until it is available cheap.
                      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I'm out, unless there's a werewolf in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis Sheldon View Post
                          I'm out, unless there's a werewolf in it.
                          That was my initial reaction as well. It would be a totally different movie, and I might even tolerate Jonah Hill, because he might get ripped limb from limb.

Comment

I'm not even sure I would be able to pick out Jonah Hill in a crowd. Looking at his IMDb profile, I can only have seen him in two things: an episode of NYPD BLUE in which he appeared (loved that show!) and DJANGO UNCHAINED, in which he apparently is one of the Klan members ('Bag Head No 2'). Who is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                              I'm not even sure I would be able to pick out Jonah Hill in a crowd. Looking at his IMDb profile, I can only have seen him in two things: an episode of NYPD BLUE in which he appeared (loved that show!) and DJANGO UNCHAINED, in which he apparently is one of the Klan members ('Bag Head No 2'). Who is he?
                              He was in SUPERBAD and THE SITTER. He was also the ebay guy in 40 YEAR-OLD VIRGIN. Oh, and in GET HIM TO THE GREEK.

Comment

Working...
                              X