No announcement yet.

300: Rise Of An Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't really a fan of the original "300", but Lena Headey and Eva Green in the same movie is incentive enough for me.

Comment

This got a pretty scathing review over at the AV Club from the great Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Ignatiy's usually a big fan of good genre filmmaking, he even gave POMPEII a pretty good grade, but he tears this a new one over the politics involved.

Much as I would like to see Eva Green getting topless and gnawing the scenery I'm going to pass on this one. I hate Zack Snyder more than any other filmmaker living or dead so I'm just avoiding anything he's even peripherally attached to.

Comment

Eva green for Nymphomaniac part 3 (without body doubles)!!!. Sorry that's wishful thinking on my behalf, and I haven't even seen parts 1 and 2 yet.

I never saw the original 300 as it just wasn't my thing and I have a feeling the sequel wont be either, but the casting of Green does sway me a little.

Comment

"Hack" Snyder and all his ilk need to die of syphilis, like, now.
          It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

It was weird just how much 300: ROAE looked like it was directed by Snyder. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out later and admits that he was behind the camera. Either way, it doesn't say very much about the quality or originality of your directorial style when it is so easily emulated by your own Seí±or Spielbergo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spielbergo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	345398
            It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

"Cinema Generica" fits this movie perfectly. The more I think about it, the more I'm disappointed with how bland it turned out. It also had some of the worst CGI blood I've ever seen. The original God of War on PS2 had better gore.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Bates-Hardy View Post
                It was weird just how much 300: ROAE looked like it was directed by Snyder. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes out later and admits that he was behind the camera. Either way, it doesn't say very much about the quality or originality of your directorial style when it is so easily emulated by your own Seí±or Spielbergo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9720[/ATTACH]
                I think I read somewhere that they created the whole film in animatics before they hired the director, so basically, Snyder did direct everything but the actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                  I think I read somewhere that they created the whole film in animatics before they hired the director, so basically, Snyder did direct everything but the actors.
                  That explains so much. With the exceptions of Eva Green, David Wenham (who was in the 1st and makes a brief appearance here) and Lena Headey (who I always expect to kick ass) the performances were weak across the board.

Comment

I've been looking for the quote about the animatic being done before the director was hired and can't find it, so I'm going to cancel that. Closes thing I can find is that they wanted to hire someone to ape the look and tone of the first 300. Snyder did say he was around the whole time, so it may be a Poltergeist situation.

Since Miller has only finished two of the five issues of XERXES, I'm curious as to how close this will be to his comic.
                    Derrick King
                    Waterfall Puncher
                    Last edited by Derrick King; 03-11-2014, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post

Since Miller has only finished two of the five issues of XERXES, I'm curious as to how close this will be to his comic.
                      Well the funny thing about that is, Xerxes appears for probably a total of 15-20 minutes tops (and that's being generous). The movie all but writes him off as a villain, and basically makes him out to be Eva Green's giant golden-skinned puppet.

Comment

Amazon already has a page up for this.

Also these images popped up on Blu-ray.com. Not sure if they're legit or not (the credits on the bottom of the 3D art make me think not).

Name:	72631_large.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	345414

Name:	72632_large.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	345415
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Amazon has a listing for this now as a BD/BD 3D/DVD Combo Pack.

No release date yet though.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X